• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Remote engine cut off

Hi Guys,

Looking to up the security of my car. Does anyone know of such a device where you can cut the engine if stolen by sms?

I need it to work with the standard alarm or be incorporated into a decent tracker

Thanks

clifford have got the blackjak syetep which is great, but it's not sms controlled though, i'd say it was better than such a controlled system

Hi Guys,

Looking to up the security of my car. Does anyone know of such a device where you can cut the engine if stolen by sms?

I need it to work with the standard alarm or be incorporated into a decent tracker

Thanks

Clifford Callguard 2.1 will allow this..

you can send a text to your car to activate an immobiliser circuit.. or even multiple circuits...

you can also text the car and it will respond with it's current gps location.

Nifty bit of kit which can do a whole host of things as well as the above..

Good news :)

A product is about to come onto the market which combines the fuctionality of blackjax with a gsm pager and tracking system.

This is what happens....

Say your car is stolen from your house by a thief who gets a hold of the keys...

you simply send the vehicle a short sms to activate the system. This starts the following sequence..

1:- siren gives 3 short bleeps to warn driver that immobilisation is about to commence.
2:- after a short pause the brake lights start flashing to warn vehicle following that the car is coming to a halt.
3:- the next time the vehicles engine speed comes to about 1000-2000 rpm, the engine is shut down and the systems siren starts sounding. * 2 sirens can be fitted.. one internal "painmaker" which makes it difficult to drive or stay in the vehicle. One external to draw attention to the vehicle.

Once the siren has been activated a text is sent to the owners phone and they can then request the vehicles resting position via a short sms.

When the owner returns to the vehicle he can disarm the system by entering the pin code via a switch hidden in the vehicle AND send the deactivation message via a short text message.

The car is then returned to normal and can be driven using the normal key.

No Subscription Costs

The system uses a Pay-as-you-go sim card so you only pay for what you use..

more details when i get them..

gapsecurity.co.uk would be the absolute last people id call had nothing but problems on a system they fitted and when i had it removed by another fitter he couldnt believe the state of what they had done... Theres plenty of other clifford/toad installers though as the alarms are great but as with everything there only as good as the installer

Back