• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Tyre Pressure

Hello All!

Was just wondering what tyre pressure everyone uses.

The label on the car says F32/R30 and F36/R35. I presume this is without and with load.

Personally I believe 32 and 30 are to low for a 17 with 45 profile and will wear the tyre out a little sooner and not help with keeping the wheels round! Especially in our pot filled London roads

I put F34/R33.

Take care

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I believe 32 and 30 are to low for a 17 with 45 profile and will wear the tyre out a little sooner and not help with keeping the wheels round! Especially in our pot filled London roads

Because you know better than Honda & Bridgestone?

Because you know better than Honda & Bridgestone?

Maybe I do, whats with the arrogance? ;-)

Honda and Bridgestone have multibillion pound testing facilities. I have the streets(the worklds biggest track)! The place where the car will spend 98% of its life! The place where after having gone through nearly 50(probably 100 if you include bikes too) sets of tyres, in 15years, Im aloud to form an opinion!

I mostly have a buggie, baby bag, spare oil, few tools, and all sorts of crap like that in the back and mostly got passengers. Paranoid that with the preesure low, the wheels bend up in pot holes etc and at the slightest loss of traction and spin, thats shreds of tyre life your leaving behind.

Guys running 32 or the same all round, Yes its convienient when filling up but you should always run a few psi higher on the front or try lowering the rear a few. You will notice a big differance.

Take it easy and thanks for replies so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
32 and 30psi are the correct tyre pressures that Honda intended FACT! If you want it in BAR divide psi by atmospheric pressure which is 14.7. You wouldnt overfill your engine oil by an extra few pints now would you! :)

I run 32 all round as advised by pro-tyre Bristol, i have 205/45/17 tyres they said as i am lowered this would suit the car better.

The owners handbook/manual states 32/30.

Honda and Bridgestone obviously had many boffins putting their heads together to come up with this as an acceptable pressure setting.

Warranty issues rely on correct procedure/compliance with manufacturers settings.

Unless you trust the auto machines at Asda.

Topped mine up the other day to yes 32 f, 30 r. On the ride home felt the road joins a bit more than usual and so I measured them again on the meter and 37 f and 35 r?! lol :p

Meter's staying in the car with me from now on!!

32 and 30psi are the correct tyre pressures that Honda intended FACT! If you want it in BAR divide psi by atmospheric pressure which is 14.7. You wouldnt overfill your engine oil by an extra few pints now would you! :)

Fact yes, Agreed.

Why then does the label on the door say 32/30 AND 36/35? did they just add that for the sake of it? NO. They added it because some people carry the extra weight around!

Not sure If the question was clear enough! Was just bleeming wondering what pressures everyone ran!! LOL

And Mate, engine oil is a little differant to tyre pressure, and in this case the exact opposite!! What if I told you some engines run 25% more power with half to three quarters of a litre less than recomended! Bet you'd be shocked!! Also cease much quicker If you dont know what your doing though so would not advise it!

I think I got the wrong impression! I assumed most people with enthusiast cars had half a clue about them too. Obviously wrong! Now compared to others I know nothing. But compared to some, I feel like I could be team principal at Honda...... or rather....... Brawn..... In that case, f**K that. I would never manage a Benz Engine run Team! lol

Excuse the everything..... twenty to six in the morning....... Just finishing work....... Lucky me! Yipee!!!

Take care all, and once again, appreciate all replies. Even if some only reply to take the weewee out of me!

The place where after having gone through nearly 50(probably 100 if you include bikes too) sets of tyres, in 15years, Im aloud to form an opinion!

I mostly have a buggie, baby bag, spare oil, few tools, and all sorts of crap like that in the back and mostly got passengers. Paranoid that with the preesure low, the wheels bend up in pot holes etc and at the slightest loss of traction and spin, thats shreds of tyre life your leaving behind.

So 50 sets of car tyres in 15 years, so you go through over 3 sets a year then? And out of those 50, how many have been on a EP3?

Wheels bend up in potholes? WTF is that supposed to mean? and Running higher pressure's decreases traction, so your theory about traction and wheel spin 'leaving you behind' is absolute rubbish.

And, going by your statement of carrying a buggie and a baby bag therefore I can only conclude you carry a baby at times, so why would you even care about being 'left behind'

The Bridgestone is such a stiff walled tyre that 32/30 for normal use is absolutely fine if you're running fully loaded then yes increase it, but how often are you actually fully loaded.

And why ask a question, when you've already decided the answer so anyone elses opinion get's shot down by your irrational logic and sketchy posts.

Peace:rolleyes:

I run 32 all round as advised by pro-tyre Bristol, i have 205/45/17 tyres they said as i am lowered this would suit the car better.

So were pro-tyre talking rubbish when they advised me the above?

should the tyre pressure be adjusted if a car is lowered?

Back