• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spoonified my OEM Ti gearknob

Got bored today so decided to have a play with my OEM knob which has been sat on a shelf for months and this is the outcome:

web.jpg

web.jpg

I'm quite pleased if I do say so myself:lol:

Just as a note the DC2 gearknob is Titanium, rather than Aluminium like the EP3/DC5 one so you can't get the same effect:)

That does look good. :cool:
My Mugen one arrived today to replace the OEM one as it's all scratched up from a previous owner. Got it from VTEC Direct, but wish I'd known about the forum discount before I'd ordered it. D'oh! :lol:

Cheers, considering how the look standard i'm quite pleased with the finish as it was purely experimental this time:lol:

I can get these made up if there is interest, same shape but no H-pattern guide on the top, pure Titanium and far cheaper than a Spoon or Arc Ti knob:)

I polished mine up in on of the laiths at work then got on eof the turners to polish it after me and the finish was immense, but after a few month its all scuffed and scratched again :( did you just use burning gear to get the colour effect?

I polished mine up in on of the laiths at work then got on eof the turners to polish it after me and the finish was immense, but after a few month its all scuffed and scratched again :( did you just use burning gear to get the colour effect?

Yeah, the Titanium oxidises blue at a certain temp. I actually got it a little too hot so the blue isn't quite as dark as I wanted in the middle, but at cooler temps you get purples and bronze so with a bit of experimentation I'd like to get a wider range of colours coming through.

The Titanium knobs don't scratch and scuff like the Ali ones, mine had been used for 90k miles before it came off and had no marks on at all and then I did that^^ to it.

I'm curious to see how hard wearing the oxidisation is as you can polish it off with Autosol and a drill, but I think it should put up with everyday useage.

Back