• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 or DC5?

EP3 now. You're going to have to spunk your money on insurance, so you might as well save a bit on buying the car. Early EP3's are going for as little a 4.5K now.

Otherwise, DC5 all day long. I am biased though.

This man speaketh the truth :cool:

FN2 mate.better looking,more comfortable,more toys,have you seen the dash in a dc5!?,less hassle(fn is still going to be under warranty),in real life everyday conditions not much in it when comes to the drive either!...suppose i am slightly biased,but have had an premier ep3 and driven plenty dc5 and my butt is sitting where id rather be....one thing though mate,either get a white one...or a red one and buy a diff!;)

tick tick tick

29 mins.haha....didnt think it would have taken so long.dc5 looking dated for my liking...and those kiddy toy heater controls and instruments:eek:

:D. I understand what you mean about the interior being a bit dated now in comparison to the space civic (i do like the FN2 interior) but externally, dated or not the DC5 is a stunning car.

In all honesty as with almost all things, it's personal taste and my taste comes in Arctic blue and has a runway bolted to the boot :twisted:

totally agree mate.would be such a dull place if we were all programmed the same!...that runway must be to let the FNs `overtake` when you dont move over.:lol:

that runway must be to let the FNs `overtake` when you dont move over.:lol:

You're a funny guy.

I do like the front end of the FN2's it has to be said, but the arse is just wrong. The DC5 is a great looking car all over and it looks far from dated. As for interior, less is more for Type R's. If you want toys, buy a rep mobile.

Type R's are supposed to be driver and track focused not gadget focused. Classic example of Honda selling out to cater for the masses.

My DC5 will keep up with a FD2 in the twisties. This isn't on track though so we are'nt pushing it to it's limits. Doubt an FN2 could do the same especially without a diff.

People are always going to say their car is the best, otherwise why would they have bought it! :lol:

You're a funny guy.

I do like the front end of the FN2's it has to be said, but the arse is just wrong. The DC5 is a great looking car all over and it looks far from dated. As for interior, less is more for Type R's. If you want toys, buy a rep mobile.

Type R's are supposed to be driver and track focused not gadget focused. Classic example of Honda selling out to cater for the masses.

My DC5 will keep up with a FD2 in the twisties. This isn't on track though so we are'nt pushing it to it's limits. Doubt an FN2 could do the same especially without a diff.
agree with you about the diff bud...actually,the arse as well it is a bit,er,chubby(not that thats always a bad thing:smt047.)...but havent been left behind yet on roads(upto legal speeds of course)by a dc5 or fd2...i`ll admit,no competition on slow tight corners due to lack of traction(for now)...still,that said,an R`s an R and i kinda love them all...just not quite as much as mine(until i can afford an FD).

Spending up to £2,500 on insurance is a bit stupid imo - get a car with as much fun but less financial pain - run it for 2-3 years and then, after you turn 21 look at upgrading then.

Wether or not you can afford the insurance I honestly think that spending £2,500 to insure a 2 litre hatchback is just lunacy.

Spending up to £2,500 on insurance is a bit stupid imo - get a car with as much fun but less financial pain - run it for 2-3 years and then, after you turn 21 look at upgrading then.

Wether or not you can afford the insurance I honestly think that spending £2,500 to insure a 2 litre hatchback is just lunacy.

Also buy charging £2500 for insurance they are kind of trying to tell him something........ he's probably going to end up in a ditch..... on fire.

People are always going to say their car is the best, otherwise why would they have bought it! :lol:

I was a fool, I sould have done better research and got the DC5 instead of my EP3.

I still love my EP3 though.

Back