• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

4th Gen Preludes

Can anyone give me some advice on these? They seem to be relatively cheap nowadays, ranging between about £500 and £1000, with extremes on either end.

I always liked the 4th gen Prelude and wondered if any of you guys could fill me in on anything I should know about 'em... Like if they're really **** -.-

I have always had a soft spot for these. In some specs they can be a very capable car.

There is an absolute bargain on Autotrader at the moment, tried to add a link, didn't work out - sorry!! But go have a look, 2.2 Vtec, Mugen kit and wheels, goodness knows what else this beast has, obviously the trader ain't got a clue!!

All for £995!!

Nice. I followed that link through and found the one you were talking about.

Shame the insurance, even on these, is mighty high...

As I understand it btw, the 4th gen comes with three different types of engines, only one of which is a VTEC?

been looking at these on and off all day since i read this topic lol. I really like them. So i take it preludes for example of 1999 are 5th gen?

Theres a really nice sun glazed yellow one or something like that on autotrader for 1800, but more then the original 500-1000.

5th gens are from late 96-01. The yellow ones do look good with Motegi trim, though the 4th gens are more fun to drive, lighter and smaller.

Not sure if Dino (aka Marc) is on here, but im sure he would be on the prelude forums. He is the man to speak to.

The details on the Mugen Prelude ad have changed - now he wants £2500, bugger, who told him?!! :lol:

Supposedly the JDM 2.2 VTEC kicks out 197bhp, which is more than the 1.8 teggy is it not (187bhp I think)?

That said the Prelude must be twice the weight of an integra lol.

Back