• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeRiter's Stolen Prem.. Updated...

Dont know if its going to be pointless or not, but maybe worth a mention on the Type-R groups on Facebook? Just incase people that are on there dont visit the forum as mcuh these days? Just an idea, and probably a crap one at that.

But really do wish you the best of luck with getting a good result out of this nightmare mate.

after all the trouble getting the ep3 its been stolen!

i wonder if they would have targeted the FN2 to the same degree?

sorry to hear this news.

lee

I know boss.. don't even remind me... :(

Edit: Just wanted to thank everyone for the PM's and messages of support - Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear boyo.

Assuming the worst happens, and if you can stand doing it, maybe buy an economical banger ('98 Polo 1.4 etc) and run that for 6 months or so and pay off the finance, and see how much extra cash you have a month without loans/insurance/petrol rapage.

My friend wrote off his Focus RS and did this, and really enjoyed having a bit more disposable cash to **** about on clothes and going out etc. He said it helps you put motoring in perspective to see what you forfit for the privilage of a nice car.

:(:( Just read what happend and im really sorry for you, been there in a way as my car got broken into once and that really hurt.

The main thing i learned is that it actually could be worse and someone could have been hurt, which was my only comfort but made it hurt less :)

Anyway hope everything works out for the best mate :):)

Yeah it's a fcuked up situation.. And there's nothing I can do...

So...

I'm concentrating on getting a good pay-out from insurance - settling the sums, then I'll buy another one... fcuk it.

Yeah it's a fcuked up situation.. And there's nothing I can do...

So...

I'm concentrating on getting a good pay-out from insurance - settling the sums, then I'll buy another one... fcuk it.

good on you dude, don't let the scum of the planet get you down :D

Now that's an update I wasn't expecting to see. Great news.

What state is she in? Fingers crossed she's all good and not damaged in any way.

I'd so be getting one of the reputable garages to give her a top to bottom check over btw.

I'm on the iPhone (not the best for a lengthy post) but I'll get the titbits up first opportunity I get to jump on a PC!

Someone reported that their plates had been nicked - so the fuzz were on the look out for the stolen plates; the plates which were discovered to be displayed on my car.

This morning at around 6am - in the Paddington area (Around 11 miles from me), the car was spotted with the stolen plates - police pursued in high-speed chase style; true to form the EP3 blew the police Astra diesels away... So... Like something out of Police, Camera, Action, the Police chopper was called upon, and took up pursuit from the skies... I'm not sure what happened next, but the 3 criminals abandoned the car for some reason and scampered - the police dogs were let loose. 2 escaped, one has been arrested.

The EP3 is said to be in, as per the policemans account, good condition/no damage. And is currently impounded until forensics have examined and cleared the car - I am yet to see it, but will be claiming for every little thing I think is required.

I'm slightily concerned it will have been thrased in the 4 days it's been gone - I get the feeling it was only really being driven at night and not really that much until the chap had reported his plates missing. That said how many miles could they have done in 4 days? I will be taking the car to TGM for a full health check all the same.. I'm slightily concerned about the thrashage, but any cosmetic issues (despite the fuzz insisting there wasn't anything) will be claimed for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back