• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Honda UK announce Civic Type R Mugen 200

Best off buying a CW FN2, putting the rear bumper on (if you like it) and getting some nice alloys (RAYS/VOLKS) then going on 12 all expenses paid holidays to the Maldives with the savings.

But then if you pay over 17k for a Civic you need your head seeing to anyway :lol:

TBH if the Mugen 20 was priced at that price, they would fly off the shelves but given the choice I would put forward another £3k and get a Focus RS, and I hate fords :(

£5k is a lot of money, for what in reality is some bigger wheels and different bumpers.

Focus RS and the new Renaultsport Megane would be a better buy from a drivers standpoint, and I don't like typing that at all.

I would rather pay the money for more BHP and suspension than a body kit and badges.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a quote for this car today - £24,370, it will sell.. but it shouldn't :lol:

That really is laughable. This whole this is going to backfire on Mugen royally.

They're trying to break into the dealers with optional extras but who would want to add nearly 25% to the price of their new car for new bumpers and alloys, all show and no go.

Some fools paid nearly £2k for the FN2 new with Rages and resale values for those cars are virtually exactly the same as cars with standard 18s. These M200s will undoubtedly have a bit more residual but nothing to justify that additional outlay.

I guess we've got this to look forward to with the CR-Z as well then...

...and being pestered by sales and parts staff pushing Mugen's wares when we venture into the dealers. :rolleyes:

I welcomed news that Mugen was coming into the UK, selling parts through dealers but at these prices, Mugen... :getcoat:

:rant: over

FN2 CW Type-R GT = £21,584.00
Mugen Front Bumper = £1,120.00
Mugen Rear Bumper = £1,016.30
19" Alloy Wheels = £1,880.00

= £25,600.30

A very quick search on the net finds a broker offering a 10 reg brand new CW for £18,585 including:
* BRAND NEW HONDA UK SUPPLIED CAR
* REGISTERED IN YOUR NAME AS 1ST OWNER
* 3 YEARS HONDA UK MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY
* 3 YEARS BREAKDOWN COVER
* 12 MONTHS ROAD TAX
* ALL ON THE ROAD COSTS INCLUDED

Broker was linked to from Parkers new price listing.

So FN2 CW Type-R GT = £18,585.00
Mugen Front Bumper = £1,120.00
Mugen Rear Bumper = £1,016.30
19" Alloy Wheels = £1,880.00
Mugen badge = £71

= £22,672.30

I know they aren't making the CW any more so stock will probably be short on standard CW FN2s, but that's a big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mugen is quality kit but the prices are laughable and I am pretty sure there is movement for some of the prices to be lowered, the owner of a well known place I spoke to (who is an authorised Mugen trader) said he hardly sells any Mugen gear because of the prices they demand, also now that they are UK based I do not see why the prices should remain so high tbh.

The Mugen 200's will sell as they are a limited run and from what I know the CW FN2 will not be produced any more, and this Mugen 200 edition retires them.

Maybe the CR-Z will come in a Type R guise to re-light the Type R flame :D

Saw my first Mugen 200 this weekend at a honda dealer in the arse end of nowhere in wales, near barmouth. didn't have time to grab a picture but it looked very nice in the flesh.

photono.jpg

Looks like it's on standard CW wheels. Spoiler looks better in white than red in my opinion.

Back