Home
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How-to Fit a HKS Racing Suction Reloaded kit to an FN2

Thanked 8,129 Times in 5,669 Posts

I did cat back, HKS, Flashpro then FRSU to start with on my first one. It's just a case of when do you stop!?

Quote Originally Posted by Loxy View Post
    I did cat back, HKS, Flashpro then FRSU to start with on my first one. It's just a case of when do you stop!?
    Which Cat back did you go for? I think Cat back will be the next upgrade I end up doing! First I want to do some body work detailing and maybe fit a satnav/ screen.

I had a Magnex catback, but it was the original design made before they went bust whereby the name then got bought by BlueFlame and then BlueFlame exhausts got rebranded as Magnex which were far inferior.

I've had the Tegiwa catback since which although single exit, sounded similar and gives similar gains.

Used this myself however to take it off. Cracking thread

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fossie For This Useful Post:

Loxy (07-09-2017)

I know the kit comes with instructions, but sometimes pictures help people to visualise how to do it, so here is a basic guide.
    Loxy, thanks a lot for putting this up!

Compared to the vid by FNLew, he seemed to take the rest of the stock intake piping out and the resonator box - which seems like a right PITA. Is there any benefit over taking it out? I imagined that leaving it in would serve as a basic cold air supply to the HKS (as you have done)?

Some people take it out to fit basic ducting from the grill or a Driven Crazy Scoopin both of which help lower intake temps when moving. That's what I did on my silver FN2 eventually.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Loxy For This Useful Post:

chaz1995 (17-01-2020)

Got a preowned RSK with heatshield in the post for twofiddy coming this week

I've had the Tegiwa catback since which although single exit, sounded similar and gives similar gains.
    This is what i'm looking at doing next, what did you think of it for motorway noise / drone? Could you hear much more noise over the HKS? The HKS has amazed me with how much of a difference it madein sound.

On that note, on another forum, someone stated that the RSK (or other foam filter kits) shouldn't be used for road use as foam filters aren't particularly good. He said they "don't filter the air that well" and "do you really want to allow fine grit into your engine". Not sure what to make of this, apparently on the HKS packaging/instructions it states it isnt for road use. What are peoples' thoughts on this - i'm sure there must be loads of people that have daily'd with the RSK for 000's of miles?!

Quote Originally Posted by chaz1995 View Post
    This is what i'm looking at doing next, what did you think of it for motorway noise / drone? Could you hear much more noise over the HKS? The HKS has amazed me with how much of a difference it madein sound.
    They balance each other out really well in my opinion. Just the right mix of both. Low down you hear more of the HKS, higher up in VTEC you hear more exhaust but obviously the HKS is mental in VTEC anyway, so they work well together.

Quote Originally Posted by chaz1995 View Post
    On that note, on another forum, someone stated that the RSK (or other foam filter kits) shouldn't be used for road use as foam filters aren't particularly good. He said they "don't filter the air that well" and "do you really want to allow fine grit into your engine". Not sure what to make of this, apparently on the HKS packaging/instructions it states it isnt for road use. What are peoples' thoughts on this - i'm sure there must be loads of people that have daily'd with the RSK for 000's of miles?!
    It is probably true to some extent, any filter that lets more air through is going to be less efficient at filtering that air. Don't forget there are two types of HKS filter, dry and wet types. I'm pretty sure the advice is it states is not to use the dry filter in dusty environments.

Personally I ran mine for about 30k over three years on my first FN2, no issues.