• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 What exhaust system setup do you have on your UKDM?

I'm contemplating a replacement system for my UKDM.
A JDM 4-2-1 header, high flow cat and spoon 1 b pipe and back box seems like the best system to me.

What system do you have and what improvements have you noticed?

I'll also be looking at a remap at Artech tuning once it's all fitted on.

Cheers

Steve

To be honest with you mate, for the money you will be spending on a high flow CAT and JDM 4-2-1 you may as well get a race header. Maybe look at the DC Sports header.

This will give loads more power than the JDM system ever will.

High flow CAT's are expensive and still restrictive, I assume you're doing this so that it will still pass the MOT ??

Spoon B pipe and N1 is all good though, a popular choice but too loud for me, mix this with a race header and it will probably be too loud for you too.

ARTech is all good, I've had two maps created by Romain for my old EP3 and we are currently talking about one for my S2000.

Thanks for your help.
Where can the DC sports header be bought from in the UK?
Do they have the collector built in?
The Spoon B pipe is very expensive but I thought the light weight of the system would be good.

Yes I do want to pass MOT's so I guess a Cat Pipe and De-cat pipe would be best but I don't want to be pulled over by any Police for being too loud.

Steve

Unit 8 used to stock them, hopefully they still do. Might be worth giving them a call.

http://www.unit-8.co.uk/acatalog/DC2_Down_Pipes_and_De-Cat.html

Spoon is expensive, mainly due to the exchange rate at the moment, im not sure what other systems are popular at the moment. I do know of someone that is getting rid of a few DC2 bits that may help you, I'll point him in your direction.

Second hand is often your friend when it comes to picking up parts.

I assumed that you had a DC5, but its a DC2, what I have said still applies to you however, Im just not as up on parts for the DC2 as I am the DC5 :) .

As long as items are in good condition 2nd hand is fine by me.
I've got my post in the 'Wanted' section on itr-dc2 so perhaps I can have a look around on ebay etc to.
if you let me know what parts your friend has or point me in that direction that'd be much appreciated.

Slighty different on a DC2 compared to DC5. DC2 already has a "full" header, unlike the DC5/EP3.

Best/cheapest upgrade for the UKDM header is the JDM 98 spec.

A full Spoon sytem will be LOUD. Even louder with a decat fitted. Drones like hell.

If I go for a JDM 98 spec header and cat pipe (rather than de-cat) will that be noticeably better than my UKDM standard set-up? I can contemplate a de-cat another time I suppose.
As the car is loud anyway I'm not overly fussed. I guess I can wear earplugs or keep the stereo in the car that I was planning to take out. :lol:

Sorry James, one last question.
If I get a JDM 98 spec header and de-cat then will the other cat-back systems on the market fit straight on as it seems the Spoon N1 back box is separate from the B pipe and I'll need a matching B pipe to fit to the cat pipe.
Perhaps the most cost effective way would be to choose another complete JDM fitment cat-back system.

I had contemplated just sticking a Mongoose cat back system onto my UK system but that wouldn't give many any gains I suspect.

If you had a 98 spec header and JDM cat/decat, then only JDM catback systems would fit on it.

So it would be best if you got a complete JDM fitment catback system.

Thanks for your help James.
I've been PM'd an offer for a complete 2nd hand system that was fitted to a UKDM DC2.
Stainless 4-1 Manifold, de-cat pipe, Spoon b pipe and back box for £500.
The de-cat pipe looks a bit worn but not leaking apparently.

It seems ok from all the pics I've been emailed plus it's near enough for me to collect so I can have a good look at it all.
:)

Money an issue or looking for best performance... btw TGM do DC Sports manifolds too if you wanted one new. Had a mate who just sold his on his EP3 for cheap recently too.

What about replica ones from Tegiwa? Heard they are based around the toda design

The offer I've had above is the one I'm going for.
Getting it at the end of the month.
Got my ear plugs ready. :Lol:

Back