• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Does anyone know where the starter motor is on an ep3?

Hi all, I need to replace my starter motor but I have no clue where it is. I think its below the intake manifold but i cant be sure. I cant see anything from under the car neither. I don't want to take things apart if I do not need to. Can anyone help?

Thanks all.

Perhaps me being naive but I thought Chris meant that you had access to it from the bay and there was no need to go under the car
No, I'm being silly. :lol:

Isn't it to the left as you look in the bay, sort of underneath the intake manifold?

4-3a38.gif

1.Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio, then write down the frequencies for the radio's preset buttons.
2.Disconnect the battery negative cable, then disconnect the positive cable.
3.Disconnect the knock sensor connector.
4.Remove the bolt (A) securing the harness bracket, then remove the intake manifold brackets (B).

starter1.gif

5.Disconnect the starter cable (A) from the B terminal on the solenoid, then disconnect the BLK/WHT wire (B) from the S terminal.

starter2.gif

6.Remove the two bolts holding the starter, then remove the starter.
7.Install the starter in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the crimped side of the ring terminal (A) is facing out.

starter3.gif

8.Connect the battery positive cable and negative cable to the battery.
9.Enter the anti-theft code for the radio, then enter the customer's radio station presets.

by the sounds of it you don't need to remove the manifold, just the manifold brackets :)

i should think you would take the manifold off if being done from above, remove splash guard if being done from beneath.

doc take i-vtec cover off then look to the left of your inlet manifold ,, you will see a round object with copper windings inside you cant miss it bruv that is your starter motor

Back