• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

how to guide - fitting a skunk2 megapower r exhaust

hello people,

i have seen a few people asking if this cat back exhaust system would fit a standard cat.

well the answer is YES
i have just been treated to a skunk2 megapower R 70mm cat back exhaust and i had the same issue, below you will see a few details and a picture to show an example.

basically the skunk2 (megapower r and mega power rr) systems have a larger bore than the standard system meaning the bolt holes between the cat and the cat back dont line up. on the flange of the cat the three holes need to be bored/notched out so the holes will meet. (see pic below)

(do this to the flange on the cat)
SKUNK2FITTING.jpg

that is the only modification needed to fit this awesome sounding system

i really dont understand why people who are selling this exhaust state that it will not fit the original parts, they must have done themselves out of so much money.

i hope this helps.

before
P4221388.jpg

P4221403.jpg

P4221407.jpg

after
P4221396.jpg

skunk2catback1.jpg

skunk2catback2.jpg

Hello again people, I have received a few PMs about further details on fitting this exhaust. I can confirm that this will fit, sound and perform great. the only additional info I would add it use a small amount of exhaust paste in conjunction with the exhaust gasket (I did just because I wanted a greater seal as poss) after selling my last type r I am now on the look out for another and I can say that I will deffo be getting a skunk2 megapower r again and I will fit it in exactly the same way. I hope this has helped

Back