• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX S2000 general tuneability ??

Hi guys,

I always wanted an ep3; however ever since i got one i've fallen for the s2k.

I just got a nice promotion at work so i think within a year or so i'm going to part chop my car and pay the difference for a newer model s2k.

I was just wondering what the general tuning for them is like, are they cheap to improve?

I'd probs start out keeping the engine NA; but eventually ill move onto a turbo or a sc...

Not cheap at all.............buy one that's already got a turbo / supercharger would be my advice.

I spent well over £10k on mods on my first one, then bought a Vortech supercharger.

Current one is standard (apart from Veilside exhaust occasionally when I don't mind my ears bleeding)

Depends how much you have to spend. Can reach 400 to 600 bhp if you have deep pockets as i
ADHD said

i have been looking for mine and its not cheap, having said that you can get a bolt on supercharger brand new for £3k without fitting and map. so for maybe £4k (im guessing) you could have 350bhp.

are they cheap to improve?

Engine wise, no. Handling wise i think they are.

Personally i'd spend the first cash there. Decent coilovers,ARB's, some chassis bracing and a good Geo set up can transform them imo.

Engine wise the best bang per buck bhp wise is to buy a proper standalone ECU and have it mapped. If youre honestly thinking about going boosted in the future then i would wait and not bother spending a ton of money on NA parts first. Whilst going boosted is fun it has it's drawbacks. SC appears the kinder of the two to the car but if your chasing numbers it has to be a turbo, but they can be a pita to live with.

If i was building another car, id go for a decent I/H/E and Ecu and leave it at that. Spending any more on NA tuning and you are into the realms of severly diminishing returns on the money spent. Better option would be to spend the change on a final drive and make the most of the above.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not generally chasing big numbers... id say 350 bhp would do me fine lol... i've heard NA im not going to get more than 300... I wouldn't mind getting it mapped etc and then getting a SC, but im not looking for a car thats going to be a weekend car... i will be using it every day for work and back!

Back