• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Picture request please

Hi guys. I am after a picture showing the block connectors behind each headlamp. I've changed my old headlamps over and cus morrettes were fitted, there are a lot of connections going somewhere and connections to be made. Everything has been taped off to prevent short circuiting. Cheers!

hey, im actually fitting facelift headlights tomorrow, ill post some pictures afterwords (depending on the weather), i had the front bumper off and 1 headlight off today, which i should have taken pictures but i will tomorrow.

That will be fantastic. Just need to see what i need so i can get rid of any unnecassary wires/cables. Thanks for your help bud :cool:

btw, what headlights did you want the pictures of?? i have a pre-facelift so the connectors on the back will be for pre face ctr's. I also have the facelift lights with different bulb holders and adapters so which ones did you need pictures of?

Sorry, should've mentioned. It's for pre-face please. I know the adaptors will be different but i've got them on order. It's mainly the dipped and main connector pictures i'm after as I want to put a set of hid's in. Any other pics that you may think is helpful, feel free to post them up too :)

ok, ill just go on a photoing session, i know the dipped and main beam are 1 bulb with 1 adapter which has 3 prongs coming off of the bulb holder, it then plugs into a harness that has 3 holes in and then a cable running off somewhere, not the best explanation but tomorrow you will have pictures to see what i mean

hey, just thought i would let you know, i've had the bumper off today and converted the headlights, i've taken loads of pictures and will upload them tomorrow.

NIce one mate. Going to be getting the connectors/holders tomorrow and will use your pics as a guide :)

right i've got some pictures don't know if there any good but here goes,
picture behind headlight:
P6260171.jpg

from left to right: Hi/Lo beam plug, adjustment motor plug, side light plug, indicator plug.
rear of light:
P6260173.jpg

closer picture of rear:
P6260176.jpg

cables and plugs:
P6260177.jpg

Hi/Lo plug i found that the 3 wires corresponded to 1 live wire, 1 ground low beam, 1 ground high beam.
and backs:
P6260178.jpg

there you go mate, i have a couple more of the indicator plugs up close and i think a couple more if you need them

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a star. I think i'm missing a few connectors and your pics pretty much have confirmed that. May have to take the bumper off again to see if some cables are behind etc. Cheers! :D

Back