• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Brake upgrades...

So in the near (hopefully) future I'm going to start looking to upgrade my standard calipers to DC5 BREMBO's. Not got anything yet but will start my search soon...

When I get round to doing it the rears will look even smaller than they do now a want to know how much work would be involved to put the current fronts on the rear? Is it even possible or just not worth bothering?

Also as they'll be second hand, what should I be looking out for? Can they be refurbed etc?

Thanks in advance!

Think it would be quite a bigger job than what you expect. the rear discs i assume will be solid which would mean the fronts would be twice as wide at least so the caliper and pads wouldn't clear them. so you would need calipers to clear them. offset on the rear discs is usually different to the front. plus you can't just put the front caliper on the rear as you wouldn't have a hand brake.
Hope that helps

Hey! Ther is a full set of these on ebay NOW for £599!! Get shopping!! ;)

I've seen them mate, just wrong time unfortunately, a couple a things have come up plus a lads holiday to pay for! (hence I've opted to just paint them for the time being!) it's going to be a definate for the future ***!

For me, I can assure you it is... I don't think that STOPTECH's are pointless at all, but I don't take my car on track and personally never would my everyday car (as I couldn't work etc. if I wrote my car off at a track!.) If I was to get me a track only car (I am considering this - then something like STOPTECH's BBK would be a definite) the constant late and hard braking on tracks make these worthwhile. I let my car go only on the twisty's I stay off the brakes a remarkable amount, I get much much more from driving the car in way where you approach using gears and engine braking to get your speed etc... For me OEM kit is fine, just wanted something to fill the space behind the wheels and in time the DC5 BREMBO's will do nicely.

DC5 brembo's would look great but i have also heard that for the money it'd cost they're not a worth while upgrade. Just fluid, lines & good pads are enough. If it's asthetics then they'd be good.

I find that hard to believe, if its was just a case of aesthetics, then the Stoptech or D2 big brake upgrade (4 pot too) are pointless.

He's right, the disks are still the same size as OEM ones with the DC5 set up. Big brake kits have more pad area touching bigger disks thus requiring 4pots calipers!

He's right, the disks are still the same size as OEM ones with the DC5 set up. Big brake kits have more pad area touching bigger disks thus requiring 4pots calipers!

Plus my disks are two piece jobbies so stay cooler.

The Stoptech BBK was fantastic round Spa. No fade and total confidence stamping on them time after time.

Well while i was at TGM getting my sticky OEM caliper sorted. Im swaying to get the EP3 Brembo kit that fits with OEM wheels, Tom was giving me a low down of what it is better than out there

Back