• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

** NEW OEM STYLE BACKBOX ** WITH VIDEO!

Right, just got an OEM style backbox, but with 2.5inch bore, twin 3inch pipes mated to a supersprint silenced B pipe and the exhaust note is perfect! Deeper and louder, but no way near N1!!, plus retains the OEM look.

OEM SIDE BY SIDE
IMG-20120406-00066.jpg

BORE SIZE
IMG-20120406-00068.jpg

NEW BACKBOX ON CAR

(VIDEO BELOW)

Moving VIDEO [yes click on black image below to activate video (forgot to remove cover in first 7 secs or so]

http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/devil84/Pub/?action=view&current=Moving.mp4

IMG-20120406-00072.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The original backbox was made by Solid Fabrications. I wanted a Twin Pipe OEM look exhaust and this what he came up with when I was trying to arrange something with Solid Fabrications for the forum last year. However, lost a bit of traction, as I got a Supersprint rear oval in the end. This is a pic of it of the same backbox . To my deliight, I found out that a member actually bought the backbox below. I then bought it from that member (pics from his car) as he was selling this one as a bit loud for his liking with unsilenced B pipe, perfect with my silenced B pipe though :)

IMAG0637.jpg

IMAG0639.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

I imagine it's not too loud with a silenced B pipe and a fairly decent sized backbox, much louder than OEM?

Yes it deffo louder than OEM mate, but just gruntier/deeper/throatier aswell.

Not raspy, but deep. If you want raspy, keep your OEM pipe and put in an unsilenced B pipe.

This is right for me!!

This is a video I found from another member (OEM B PIPE)

Best give him a call, don't think he got any standalone backbones mate. Just a catback, not sure how loud that is as its a different b pipe.

just made one, but the sound ain't great at all, need to back my car in the garage .

too much wind noise earlier.

VIDEO added on 1st POST!

Backbox mated to a SUPERSPRINT SILENCED B PIPE! PERFECT!!

WHat do you guys think?

Will try to get some better video on weekend.

have you got a drive by at all. Be good to see what it sounds like properly on the move.

Back