• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Info on caster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Superpro-...|Model:Civic&hash=item4d02c92a1a#ht_500wt_923

Just about to buy this kit as need new front bushes but wondered if anyone could help me with caster.
I've never looked into it but I take it that it just puts the wheels further forward for better handling but does anything else on the car need to be set up again after these are installed?
And will it make a difference with handling or is it only a small amount (not adding in the extra handling from the polly bushes)

Cheers for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
castor increase improves steering response and self centering I believe, and are on my to do list :)

as far as I know, it should not affect anything else on your setup

If you're changing the bushes, then the arms come out, therefore the front geometry will need to be checked and adjusted accordingly.

Not just the tracking. (Toe)

The camber too.

If you haven't already, while you're at it, fit adjustable camber bolts on the front and adjustable arms on the rear and have the geometry set to fast road spec.

Caster on an EP3 is traditionally quite low, c.2-3deg.
This is the cause of the poor self centring steering.

These bushes, as said, will essentially bring the lower ball joint forward slightly, increasing the rearward angle of the steering axis, increasing caster angle.

It will make the steering heavier (slightly) but will be more stable at higher speeds and will increase self centring effect.

Ah thats what i Was looking for.

Yeah I've got adjustable camber arms and bolts but wasn't going to put them on until I had the collies on.

Wouldn't be able to get a fast road set up here. Would have to travel about 100 miles down road to get it done. That's why was waiting to have coilovers on first.
Would be able to if had figures for the alignment for fast road but I guess it changes depending on how low it is?
Or is there a set up for standard suspension?

All the fast road set up is, is more aggressive geometry.

Anywhere with 4 wheel alignment kit can do it.

Out of interest, is the car being used primarily for track??

Yeah I know what it does just it the setting.
Our family have garage and that has the 4 wheel align kit but they he their readings off autodata which is just for standard.
Nah not track just the roads up in Skye. Need speed cameras :D.
But other thing that's putting me off it is the wet up here. Fast road set up guessin worse than standard in wet

Well if it's just for the road, and the roads are poor, then forget coilovers.

Go with eibach springs instead, trust me.

If you can get the measurements for a fast road set up, you can do it on your alignment rig.

The FRSU will probably improve wet grip, actually.

Car just had wash, polish and wax...fook that takes up so much time!

I always thought springs don't do as well as coilovers as springs work on shockers that havnt been improved?

But if works might go down that way, dno if fancy setting up the coilovers anyway ha

Also meant to say will fast road set up really help in wet? I always thought that it works off hard cornering so would have opposite effect in wet

Does your car still lean in the bends in the wet? I know mine does!

If it does it'll be better.

Well justnow my car has problems with arse end because if I go round a corner atall fast in wet it flies out. Hoping it's just as the front bushes are completely gone an it's throwing hole set up out.
If not not sure what it's going to be

Back