• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

CTR Facelift owners.. What headlight bulbs do you use?

As the title says really guys!

I recently got some cheap ice blue xenon look ones on ebay, and only lasted a few weeks! So I'm looking into the more expensive/better bulbs. So which ones do you guys use?

I'm not looking to fit a HID kit or anything, just want a 'whiter' light :)

Cheers!

Ditto, I have Bluevision bulbs in my fn2.

IMG-20121124-00338.jpg

e marked so fully road legal.

Sorry to hijack the thread,
Ep3 owners, as above I don't want HIDs but want a brighter/better bulbs, white light that looks good but that also has a good spread on the road. As the after market bulbs I have at the moment are white but are like driving with candles and don't light the road well.. Any info would be good.

Cheers Trev

Bluevision bulbs above bud. I did lot of research into this. Perfect compromise IMO. Need to test it properly in dark, but as its not fully coated in blue, I expect a good throw.

Is it easy to get into for fitting? After 8 years ownership I've never had to change a bulb! Honda FTW!!

Hi, have you guys tried looking for L.E.D headlight bulbs as they consume a lot less juice and almost as bright as Hids.Try and google it.

I use Osram Nightbreaker Plus H1 bulbs too, only because I could get hold of some sooner than a set of OEM. Well priced for a good quality bulb and throw decent light. As for fitting (FL model), slightly tricky and will possibly involve a few swear words. The passenger side is easier due to there being more room.
Remove the plug from the back of the bulb, then the round rubber grommet/seal, then to remove the bulb, there's a metal spring clip type thing with a small loop at the end, that's the part you need to push in then to one side slightly to unclip the bulb. Once that is unclipped and pivoted down out the way, remove the bulb taking care not to remove at an angle through the small hole causing the glas part of the bulb to snap off inside the light itself. (If this does happen, use a vacuum cleaner's nozzle over that hole and that should remove it)
On mine, there's awhite/beige butterfly adaptor with two prongs on it, separate that from the bulb, replace with new bulb then repeat this process in reverse to re-fit. Don't touch the glass part of the bulb with skin/oil/grease etc, possibly use rubber gloves. Hope this helps.

Back