• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

antisanta's CTR - Selling up :(

I used to have a Mk4 Astra SRi, decent enough car, no real problems since owning it. 130k and original clutch and box :D!

480323_10151962505935507_352639835_n_zpsd038d69c.jpg

But here is my new baby.. an immaculate 04 EP3 with 50k miles and full Honda History!

P1010902_zpsc3e4dd42.jpg

Since Japfest and generally spending too much time on forums my plans have changed from what I had originally planned.

Started with the rear tints,
Followed by some new rubber (Eagle F1 Asym 2s - awesome tyres, thanks Loxy!).

Next on the list is a FRSU. I picked up some Eibach pros springs so hunting down some Camber bolts/arms currently.
Followed by (in no particular order);

JDM rear ARB and Federo DS2500 front pads, braided lines and RBF600 fluid.
Enkei Evo 8's or Rota Grids, most likely in Bronze - recommendations?

And then..
GruppeM
Exhaust system (Supersprint/R8BYB) b-pipe and Spoon N1/Mugen Twinloop)
K100

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My first Honda!

Glad you got it sorted. Now enjoy Wednesday! ;)

Thanks guys!

Yeah roll on Wednesday! Asking my parents for a lift to work isn't cool :/ haha

Been eyeing up buddy club alloys today.. temptation is there but I want to keep it as standard as possible.. maybe.

Nice mileage, have fun with it!

Sweet , looks awesome and I bet it don't stay standard for long....lol

Enjoy the VTEC Powwahhhh :D

Haha we will see! I will get a FRSU for sure but anything after that.. we will have to wait and see! I do plan on keeping It a while so the mileage is a plus.

Can't waittttttttt!!!!!

Been reading various forums since I got back from work about mods and yeah.. I probably won't keep it standard aha. I'm planning on going Japfest hopefully with some track time, and I'm presuming in standard guise my brakes will be goosed? So have been looking at DS2500 pads but I'm thinking they might be too "raw" for mainly road use with an occasional track day and weekend 'spirited' driving. I believe you have them Loxy, how are you finding them?

Might save up for a gruppe M or Teg intake rather than the AEM CAI as I keep reading horror stories about hydro-locking and it's quite common for some roads to get a bit damp up here in Wales haha

I can see my wallet taking a battering over the next few years!

Yep, I've got DS2500s in my Stoptechs and had them in the OEM calipers before that. Great pad and generally fine for road use.

I use the DS2500s for everyday use and they are bloody awesome, went from Red stuff pads and the 2500s are sooo much better. good upgrade as far as im concerned.:D

Regards
Baz

They okay to use with OEM discs? Should I be going for just front? If so, any reason why one shouldn't go for DS2500s all round?

Shopping list is getting bigger :(

Can see myself becoming well acquainted with tdi-north!!

I used them with OEM discs and they were fine. I did plan on getting some grooved discs when the OEMs needed replacing but ended up getting the Stoptechs before that arose.

Just do the fronts and save your money on the rears, they are fine for normal road use. Spend the difference on some braided lines all round and some decent fluid like RBF600.

Yeah think I'll do that. Chances of me getting mods done before Japfest is minimal to be honest plus I'd like to get the Eibachs and FRSU done first. But that gives me a few months to save some wedge before a possible venture to JAE :)

Picked the car up yesterday, haven't really ventured on to the forums since as I've been busy loving it! haha :D

Had a few niggles which I think is just me being overly paranoid. The car has a whine when you press the gas, regardless of gear, I've since learned that this is just the timing chain and nothing to be worried about. Sound about right? I'm going to have a closer look tomorrow. Other than that, I LOVE it. VTEC is too addictive, doesn't help that I think the car doesn't like being driven slowly aha.

Pics coming tomorrow - weather pending!

Completely agree. I've recently picked my type-r up and I can't seem to drive it slowly haha

But the VTEC is soooo worth it!

Spend the difference on some braided lines all round.

What lines do you reccomend? I was going to order the Hel or goodridge lines.

But after speaking to Hond-R, they have told me horror stories of the Goodridge & especialy Hel lines cracking due to the ep3's macpherson struts.
I know alot of people run these and am sure it is the odd case.
They reccomended the Stoptech lines at just over double the prices, due to the quality being much higher and them having better fastenings.

Is this more of a case of them trying to get more from my wallet.
I have read up on the Hel lines, most of it seems to be just the PVC casing cracking which isnt a concern. But they have been known to split when fitted with the macpherson struts .

Back