• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fn2 gear problems

I know this issue has been covered elsewhere on the forum but any advice with my issue would be appreciated.

I bought Fn2 type r on a 07 plate from a Honda dealer last jan/feb and it had clutch problems.
I posted this on the forum and got great advice which I followed. After many visits and debates with Honda they finally got round to replacing clutch kit under warranty.

Now It was drivable but had a intermittent notchy feel when changing up from 2nd to 3rd. I decided to live with it and got used to it.

However the notchy feeling is at times a lot worse and sometimes struggles to get 3rd gear without a stern shove. But on some occasions it is perfect and just to add it never jumps out of gear.

Its definitely not the way I'm selecting the gears and doesn't seem to be noticeable when changing down through the gears.

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE SYNC PROBLEM that this model seems to suffer from?

I have it booked in on Friday with Honda to discuss the problem. I suggested a gear box oil change "£70" and Honda said they would see if it needed it. The only other thing I can think of would be gear linkages.

The cars done 51,0000 miles and only has 2 months of warranty left. Any advice will be a massive help because as In past experience getting expensive work done under warranty from main dealer can be difficult and drawn out.

Cheers in advance

Yes that is the 3rd gear synchro problem. It doesn't always pop out, and if it isn't yet eventually it will start to.

Print this out and point them to #2.

HondaHintsandTipsMar.jpg

Cheers for the heads up.
So the battle will begin again on Friday.

Yes that is the 3rd gear synchro problem. It doesn't always pop out, and if it isn't yet eventually it will start to.

Print this out and point them to #2.

HondaHintsandTipsMar.jpg

Just got back from Honda. During a test drive with the mechanic the intermittent 3rd gear problem didn't show.
He said the notchy gear changes are typical of all CTR's. Its called POSITIVE FEEL. :confused:
However after explaining this isn't the fisrt CTR I've had and in my opinion the Gear changing is overly POSITIVE in FEEL he offered to replace gearbox oil. This was done free of charge.

Now driving home I must admit this might have been the problem as the POSITIVE FEEL "notchy changing" has massively reduced. I suppose only time will tell.

fingers crossed

Back