• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 update.

Well guys gearbox has been rebuilt today so that is all back on the car.

Only to get the call ' your bottom end is knocking its tits off'.

F*ck sake. Going to try and change the small end bearing tomorroe as thats the bit thats knocking and hopefully that will sort it. If not it will be bust into bits! Cant justify plowing money into a new engine no chance!

Absolutely wounded!!

If the previous owner told you it was the gearbox and its the bottom end then I would be going right back to him for my money back!

Ive already messaged him mate to no avail. Shock!!

To be honest when i drove it on viewing all was fine, no knocking or anything unusual apart from the gearbox that is.

This may be 'out there' but after my little mishap, could spinning the car cause the oil to lift enough to run the bearing dry? It has atleast 3/4 oil on the dipstick so it would take some shifting but this issue only seems apparant after that happened.

It wouldn't do enough damage in a spin to throw a bearing. It's repeated or prolonged starvation that causes issues.

The oil would have been warm and dropped back down into to sump as soon as you stopped pretty much.

Ohhh lord well i hope its not too serious when its opened up today. Ill keep you posted once its done!

Back