• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

possible problem with my kpro

I have a kswapped em2 and keep getting this error code p1166. I've used the k tuned conversion loom and wired in the lambda correctly, the lambda is only a few days old.

I could with trying a known working kpro on my car to see if the same fault code comes up.
I know its a big ask and its unlikely to happen but you never know.

I'm in the Manchester/ Oldham area so if anyone's willing to help it would be greatly appreciated.

UK or JDM engine swap? Genuine lambda being used? If JDM, connect the ecu to Kmanager and check if closed loop is on or off. Has it been mapped yet?

Just incase you were not aware...

It's not quite as simple as just trying someone elses ECU, you have to assign the key to the ECU which requires some software. Honda or any Hondata tuner should be able to do this.

UK or JDM engine swap? Genuine lambda being used? If JDM, connect the ecu to Kmanager and check if closed loop is on or off. Has it been mapped yet?

UK swap not a genuine lambda but it is Denso lambda sensor. Its not been mapped yet im just using a base map for the time being.

Just incase you were not aware...

It's not quite as simple as just trying someone elses ECU, you have to assign the key to the ECU which requires some software. Honda or any Hondata tuner should be able to do this.

you can disable the immobliser with kpro though?
I've got the original ecu here that came with the engine but that's got the immobiliser on it

UK swap not a genuine lambda but it is Denso lambda sensor. Its not been mapped yet im just using a base map for the time being.

So should be a PRA ecu. Buy a genuine k20a2 lambda and fit it. PRA doesn't have option to switch between closed and open loop as the lambda isn't dual band.

Change lambda and reload the base map. If it's not sorted then it's a wiring or harness issue.

with the base map am I just selecting stock? I was told to find with ever base map suited the mods on the engine so that's what i've done

Base map is redundant unless your lambda is working correctly but yes, select the closest/similar of mods to your setup.

Managed to fix the problem, there was wires missing in the c101 and A plug so the ecu wasn't getting the signal. Strange but its all working now no more P1166!

Back