• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
Picking it up next Saturday all being well.

CTdc2riWsAEjak.jpg

12234998_10154301154254325_5168580510157693223_n.jpg

IMAG3291.jpg

I am happy the saga of replacing the CW is finally over. Rather aptly this is the exact same first FK2 that I drove 14 weeks ago and what started it all off in putting the idea in my head of selling the CW FN2 and ordering an FK2.

Milano GT, registered July 2015, so a 15 plate and at the minute it is on about 1,200 miles, so bedded in and ready to go.

I'll be adding bits to it as I go, probably start with some of the carbon interior trims and some wind deflectors, but I'll have to buy some more of deflectors as I put the first set on the wife's 1.8 FK2.
icon_lol.gif

The first mod will be a 2nd set of alloys and winter tyres. I'll be sorting them asap.

I will say that I am never placing an order on a new car again as it is far more stressful than it ought to be.

Great stuff Loxy. It's personal preference at the end of the day, but I'm really glad you've gone for the Type R. Plus the EP3, FN2 (x2!), FD2, FK2 run is an awesome car ownership history I'd say.

Not that you need telling, but many many updates, pictures, videos please. Haven't been many from forum members yet! :)

Great stuff Loxy. It's personal preference at the end of the day, but I'm really glad you've gone for the Type R. Plus the EP3, EP3, EP3, FD2(UK DM should of had this car). FK2 run is an awesome car ownership history I'd say.

Not that you need telling, but many many updates, pictures, videos please. Haven't been many from forum members yet! :)

Welshy I had to edit this and Loxy will get my Joke. :D

I hope it is the Type-R loxy and not the Jazz that is sat there. :lol:

Joking aside, I wonder if Matt would be able to get you the Honda Access JDM deflectors or Mugen wind deflectors for you for the FK2?

Last edited by a moderator:
My brain hurts lol, congrats though John glad you've ended up with the car you really want :)

Hope you've got a decent deal with it being a demo car, I'd of been tempted to order a brand new one but know the eta on delivery would be up in the air.

My brain hurts lol, congrats though John glad you've ended up with the car you really want :)

Hope you've got a decent deal with it being a demo car, I'd of been tempted to order a brand new one but know the eta on delivery would be up in the air.

Keep the EP3 Pete..........:D

Gutted. I take a weekend away from the forum and I miss lots of parties. Hmmm. Sad day but least it is going to a good home?

DAFUQ did I miss John?

What stopped the beemer purchase? & how many of the 1200 miles were done whilst cold at full throttle? ;)

...in fairness, I've heard that's the best way to run a modern engine in anyway lol

Yeah, what happened to the beemer?

Glad you came to your senses lol and bought the fk, keep us all updated :).

Weird how they use the manga style type r logo to cover the number plate even though the current type r logo is different.

Like you've said its apt that the car you first tesy drove is the car you're collecting on Saturday.

Beemer has been cancelled. The salesman wasn't happy and I am not to be receiving the deposit back. :lol:

The dealer started embellishing the delivery date, daft since he knew what I had come from. I found myself on Autotrader on Saturday afternoon and I was only looking at FK2s and I realised that buying the BMW probably wouldn't end well if I was already looking at what I could have had. :lol:

I posted in the New CTR thread about the dealer in Manchester and the ludicrous suggestion they came up with for a car they were advertising. Then noticed the dealer closest to me had dropped their price in line so gave them a ring. :p

Like you've said its apt that the car you first tesy drove is the car you're collecting on Saturday.

It did tickle me when I realised. :)

What deposit had you put down on the Beemer?

£500. To be honest I thought that I had lost it on the CTR when I cancelled that order, but I hadn't so in a way I had already written it off. Plus the FK2 was cheaper than the BMW it ended up, so not all that bad.

£500. To be honest I thought that I had lost it on the CTR when I cancelled that order, but I hadn't so in a way I had already written it off. Plus the FK2 was cheaper than the BMW it ended up, so not all that bad.

You're a salesman's worst nightmare

Tbh they are all crooks anyway so it's worth giving them the runaround on occasion.

I would also take what other people say with a pinch of salt, What you do or say on a forum , and then decide to go down the route of a demo is your choice if it means you're getting in to the car you want, and how you spend your money is entirely your business and shouldn't concern anyone else - There's plenty of plonkers and bed wetters on forums, think you know where I am coming from there.

Probably worth just sticking to one or two forums, and NOT posting elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a guess what that forum would be and I was right. Haven't been on it for months, until I just had a look. That place is full of the £2k EP3 brigade and therefore full of opinions to take with a pinch of salt.

Do they think that a bit of spirited driving on a sub 1k mileage car is going to break it, but them buying a 120k miler is fine? Fcuk off.

Enjoy it Loxy, ignore the haters.

Back