Home
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Throttle Body Questions

You won't need anything else to fit it, if your doing the engine mount inserts you may as well do the gearbox one too.

Obviously with that 421 your exhaust set up will probably be noisy and the inserts will cause some vibration in the cabin, as you said you want to keep it civilized as its your daily so just letting you know lol.

You will need a map too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoonk View Post
    You won't need anything else to fit it, if your doing the engine mount inserts you may as well do the gearbox one too.

Obviously with that 421 your exhaust set up will probably be noisy and the inserts will cause some vibration in the cabin, as you said you want to keep it civilized as its your daily so just letting you know lol.

You will need a map too.
    Are the cabin vibrations really bad?

I don't find it that bad, it's only noticable when stationary, its fine when driving, I bought new mounts and put the inserts in them as one mount was split but most people stick the inserts in old mounts so maybe their vibrations are worse.

Its personal preference some have fitted and removed them saying they could'nt stick the vibration,

Other people like me find them fine, I used my EP3 daily for a while with them fitted, now it's currently off the road but will be used during summer months for some fun lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoonk View Post
    I don't find it that bad, it's only noticable when stationary, its fine when driving, I bought new mounts and put the inserts in them as one mount was split but most people stick the inserts in old mounts so maybe their vibrations are worse.

Its personal preference some have fitted and removed them saying they could'nt stick the vibration,

Other people like me find them fine, I used my EP3 daily for a while with them fitted, now it's currently off the road but will be used during summer months for some fun lol.
    Will change the mounts as well do everything once. Will I need the JDM ARB or will the UKDM stock one be ok. Is there any negatives driving wise with the 4-2-1 other then it making the car louder

You only need the JDM ARB if your using the Toda or Tegiwa 421, you should be ok with the one thats on there with the Japspeed 421.

As long as its mapped properly there should'nt be any issues when driving the car with a 421, issues come MOT time but seems you got a friendly tester you'll be fine.