Home
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who makes the best BBK (Big Brake Kit)?

Stoptechs are amazing

I currently have D2's which are nowhere near as good (but vastly better than OEM still).

We have the Stoptech 330mm BBK on our track car, it's amazing over the standard front set up!

Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    We have the Stoptech 330mm BBK on our track car, it's amazing over the standard front set up!
    Is it possible to put big brakes on front and leave standards on back?

Turners I've spoken to have said not a good idea, but couple people I spoke to at Track day said otherwise.

I had great session at weekend, engine and chassis great, but the brakes really do let it down, but I hadn't really accounted for Stoptechs.

Exploring different options.

I guess with stoptechs, there is probably a pretty good used value, so although it's a big outlay, when you're done, you could take them off and get at least some of your cash back and replace the standards! (Man Maths in action)

Quote Originally Posted by Partyvan View Post
    Stoptechs are amazing

I currently have D2's which are nowhere near as good (but vastly better than OEM still).
    Do you have the ones with floating discs or fixed?

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/upra...nda/civic.html

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/chea...-330x32-f.html

Did you leave the rears as standard?

I wanted to revive this thread last year when I had similar questions but wasnít brave enough lol

I can give my own experience if you like.

I went with Brembo calipers off the newer model Megane RS. I got them from Freaky Parts. They look great and stop very well. I was slightly dubious about the rears being out of balance but there was no obvious issue I experienced with mine. The way it was explained to me is that with a FWD hatch, when you brake hard the rear gets light. Improving brake force to the rear could if anything increase instability. Better to introduce more force at the front where the majority of the weight is being transferred.

I had 345 2 piece rotors with mine. Probably overkill if Iím honest and if I had the choice again would probably go 324mm to save some unsprung weight