• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

4-1 manifold keep OEM cat

A friend of mine just fitted one to his ep3, an seems to like it alot!

he got it 2nd hand at £50 though.

I have a new 4-2-1 mani and exhaust as wanted rid of Cat as mines becoming a track car!

Not really the answer I was looking for.

Think I will wait and get a 4-2-1 manifold, need an intake first.

Just get a 4-2-1 & a K-pro then turn the light off in K-manager. A friendly garage will sort the MOT's out for you. I don't see point of spending on a mani when the restrictive cat is still in place.

If you go for that manifold you could always mount the sports cat to it, you won't get the same gains as race manifold an decat but should get some gains and keep it mot friendly.

If you go for that manifold you could always mount the sports cat to it, you won't get the same gains as race manifold an decat but should get some gains and keep it mot friendly.

This is what I was thinking for future...

I already have one car the full race not really looking to do the same with this

I emailed Japspeed direct

"Hi Ian,

Yes, we have dyno evidence of the effects the manifold will have on a standard car. We installed the manifold on our then-standard EP3 and saw an increase of 5.5bhp and 6.5lb/ft.

Regards

Japspeed"

Just waiting for the dyno graphs now. Sounds impressive for a small cheap mod.

Theres a couple of people that have fitted 4-2-1 manifolds and had a sports cat welded into the b-pipe. Staffs Deltic has one on his FN2, and EP3Pete is in the process of doing it to his EP3. Have a read of thier build threads, it sounds like a good comprimise.

Right definite confirmation this gives great gains for the money and Japspeed are willing to offer it to the forum for £89 plus £9 postage.

I will get the dyno graph as soon as I can.

Anymore news on which manifold you are going to use? Im thinking of going down this route. Japspeed also do a 100cel sports cat but i dont think it will pass an mot!

Anymore news on which manifold you are going to use? Im thinking of going down this route. Japspeed also do a 100cel sports cat but i dont think it will pass an mot!

Yes your right i don't think a 100 cel would. I am going to get one of the 4-1 manifolds and keep my OEM cat. Then eventually change my B pipe for something true 2.5 and a Gruppe M or Tegiwa. Then Kpro! Thats the plan anyway...

I recently had problems with my exhaust on my 54 plate Ep3. It started blowing with what sounded like near to the engine so checked it out and it seems to be the join between the manifold and the downpipe/cat pipe. There seems to be weak points on each section so have decided to replace the whole lot (not cheap).

I have read that there are problems with installng the decat downpipe (Engine management light pops up/need remapping otherwise it will actually cause less performance). So therefore am going to stick with the standard cat pipe as the sports cat will just cause more expense and even then might not pass the MOT.

I recently bought a japspeed 4-1 manifold from ebay (got it fairly cheap), and i think I will get a catalytic convertor section from an online place (the standard one) and then I will get a stainless steel cat back system.

Is there any negative effects with stainless steel everything apart from the original cat pipe? Anyone else done this or know a bit more than I do?

Thanks in advance

I hope no one minds me posting this but i have been looking to purchase one of these and i have agreed a discount to forum members.

Call on 08450 212 312 and they can take the order over the phone, or you can send a PayPal payment to [email protected] along with a note of the manifold, your address and a contact number. Ask to speak to Alistair.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAPSPEED-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23251318c8

£89 Plus £8.95 Postage

IMG_0910_zpsb0dcd5c5.jpg

Same here! For less than a ton its worth a shot imo. And that there is evidence to back it up secures the deal a little more for me.

X2. I've just fitted an itg maxogen and waiting for a piper cat back. Then off to Eurospec to get it mapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back