• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

A long old day. Millie was exhausted! Modded FN2

R'd centre caps are definitely an improvement.

Seen a few "red on white" lately, sounds wierd on paper but it definitely seems to work. Have been tempted by a set of the TimeAttack CE28's but it won't work on a silver car.

very nice indeed - did you have the calipers and the discs changed or are they the original calipers ? did you also have the back ones done ? How much if you don't mine me asking.

£30 quid a corner. £9 each for the centre caps and £30 for a refurb on a slightly scuffed wheel. i think thats correct, I'll have a look at the receipt when I get home from work.

are you serious i have just been quoted close to £300 let me know mate would be good to hear, also were were there done??

very nice indeed - did you have the calipers and the discs changed or are they the original calipers ? did you also have the back ones done ? How much if you don't mine me asking.

Callipers are standard, Discs are 350mm with EBC Ceramic pads.
Disc conversion. £375. Pads £65. I am awaiting the development of the rear kit, then I will do the rears.

Done via ABP Motorsport 01270 567177

are you serious i have just been quoted close to £300 let me know mate would be good to hear, also were were there done??

STOP PRESS: Blatant lie... sorry. Just read the receipt.

QTY 1 wheel repair - £30
QTY 4 Centre caps - £9.00 each
QTY 4 Wheels £75 each :roll:

Done via ABP Motorsport 01270 567177

It may not be the most competitive pricing, but I got everything done, with the minimal down time. The car would have been ready a week earlier, had I not been having the wheels done, as they were contracted out. I have to say that the standard of the wheel finish is very good.

How long have there been like that? do you find there get stone chips etc? reason i asked i had mine sprayed white and now 2 months on have alot of stone chips on them

Cheers Paul, treat yourself as a belated birthday present ;)

Don't tempt me.

How are you finding the brakes, I would quite like a big brake kit but I find the rear end goes slightly light as it is.
If I got better front brakes I would have thought it would make the situation worse. Maybe its not a problem with the uprated suspension stopping the weight shift?

You may have hit upon a reason there Paul. The larger brakes, coupled with new pads do seem to stop her on a sixpence, with markedly less ABS interference than the standard set, however you could be onto something, with there being less dive from the coilovers. Never really noticed the back end going light unless I was trying to induce it whilst trailing braking on the track, but even so, she still remains stable with the weight off the back end.

How long have there been like that? do you find there get stone chips etc? reason i asked i had mine sprayed white and now 2 months on have alot of stone chips on them

Powder coat is hell of alot stonger than painted wheels

believe me im a paint sprayer and have painted my wheels in the past never again :rolleyes:

Looks absolutelly amazing ! Loving every thing about this.

Theres an HID kit for the fn2 on ebay for £120. But i'm very happy with my set for £44 ;) worth every penny.

Yes, but I'd need three sets :eek:
Dip, Main and Fog! :( Ther are issues with some of the ballasts not lasting, with some of the ones that are found on ebay. Additionally, it gets a bit tricky to squirrell away 6 balast housings!

Ahh, that gets a problem when you want all 3 as hid, cant you just have the main beam ? and keep the others as white ?

The do look pants, just the main as hid unless you change the others, as the colours are different. (which i have :rolleyes:) will change them one day

If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have none!

Not bad, after 1 day, driving home, I manage to be pulled out on by an arctic.
new_cussing.gif
Having nowhere to go but the outer edge of the fast lane of the A1, I now have 3 championship white alloys and a fugging knackered front drivers wheel. Like I said - If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have none!

Yes, but I'd need three sets :eek:
Dip, Main and Fog! :( Ther are issues with some of the ballasts not lasting, with some of the ones that are found on ebay. Additionally, it gets a bit tricky to squirrell away 6 balast housings!

What like this..

PIC_0461.jpg

You can fit 6 balaster but you have to remove the front bumper then there is plenty of room

Sorry to hear about your car fella, there are some serious idiots out there isn't there. Thats just bad luck dude :evil: i hope you get it sorted. Just claim off the old insurance thats what i would do :smt023

Poor Millie - Don't you just hate it when that happens.

I was telling my brother earlier about how much you payed to have the wheels powder coated and he says that we would have done all four for about £160 to £200 depending how much damage need to be put right. £300 and extra for the damage you payed seems a bit steep.

Check our website and you can see some picture.

Back