• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Got My CTR back from CPL Racing Today

Got my Civic back from CPL today as it had to go back to have it's sheared inlet manifold bolts replaced and some other work done.

Some of you will know this car as it used to belong to Cragen from the other forum. see thread here : http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=38504

It supposedly put out 300bhp at the flywheel which as Guy "delicately put" was impossible with the mods that were done. (Basically S/C'ed, mapped, de-cat and custom exhaust)

I didn't care as it certainly powerful enough for me in fact too powerful. On anything but dry warm roads it was certainly a handful when being booted, even in a straight line sometimes. :eek:

Also as I hadn't spent anything on it in the two years I've owned it (apart from pads and tyres) I felt it needed some special tlc. Especially as the standard clutch was on it's way out, the exhaust was shot (baffles in rear box were buggered) and it had a nasty flat spot at the vtec cut in point caused by the standard exhaust manifold.

So left it with Guy for 3 days and he worked his magic

Quaife LSD
Stage 3 Clutchmasters Clutch
ES Mounts
DC Sports Exhaust
DC Sports Manifold
Inlet manifold repair
36K Service
MOT
Gearbox Oil
Remap & tuning

The car drives like new again and the sound from the exhaust & manifold whilst being too loud for my taste (couldn't afford a Toda system) is addictive. No flat spot anymore at 4000 rpm. The LSD has made a very noticable difference too, the car feels much more planted to the road and more responsive to changes in direction.

The only downside is having to run the clutch in for 500 miles before I can really see changes:(

And the power on CPL's rolling road is 233bhp at the wheels which Guy said is spot on where it should be. :smt041

So many thanks to all at CPL, although my credit card will never forgive you . Now just got to clean the engine and rest of the car to get it looking great again.

P.S. When's the next Hampshire meet so I can introduce myself to some of you lot. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought they would have washed the thing for you;) but nice one mate, glad you're happy with the mods.

Back