• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

hi guys,

just about to purchase some Parada spec 2's (215/40/17) as the general opinion is that this is the best compromise in size. however my question is does the load index make too much difference if i get the 87's opposed to the 83's?

I had 2 sets of these on my old CTR and was very happy with them, cant fault them for the price but they are not the best in the wet but also not the worst either. I had the same size you are getting as well:)

Just gone back to Michelin PE2s on the 182 & after a few miles they are much better tyre than the Spec IIs.
On anything but hot tarmac the Spec IIs are just not as good.

Anyone know where i can get parada spec 2's for my civic? I think they're the 215/40/17. Had a set fitted at ABP a few years back for £75 a corner, though don't think that was with fitting.

EDIT: 2x Parada spec 2 215/40 R17 W (87) £159 delivered from black circles.com. Can anyone get cheaper than that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know where i can get parada spec 2's for my civic? I think they're the 215/40/17. Had a set fitted at ABP a few years back for £75 a corner, though don't think that was with fitting.

EDIT: 2x Parada spec 2 215/40 R17 W (87) £159 delivered from black circles.com. Can anyone get cheaper than that?

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s13p9089

Or the 87s are on Black Circles at £87.73 fitted, just search here:
http://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search

Not the 87 load but the Thanks button is just under my post to the left.

Bought a set of VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA 215/40/17s about a month ago and really liking them. I did a little research on them and have read nothing but good reports on them. Got them from CAMSKILL at 79 quid each with a saving of 28.90 per tyre as they are reduced at mo.

Bought a set of VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA 215/40/17s about a month ago and really liking them. I did a little research on them and have read nothing but good reports on them. Got them from CAMSKILL at 79 quid each with a saving of 28.90 per tyre as they are reduced at mo.

I've always had the Parada Spec IIs. Need to buy a full set so want to take advantage of the price reduction. How are these tyres in the wet?

Falken ZE 912: 205 45 17

Very average, reasonable handling in both dry and wet.

Noise level: Med/High

Price: £60 each?

Falken 452s 205 40 17

Seem much better than the ZE 912's I've had on previously, only had them on today and noticed a massive improvement in the wet (can actually take roundabouts at the speed limit :D )...

Noise Level: Med/High

Price: £57 each @ trade price ;)

Falken ZE 912: 205 45 17

Very average, reasonable handling in both dry and wet.

Noise level: Med/High

Price: £60 each?

Falken 452s 205 40 17

Seem much better than the ZE 912's I've had on previously, only had them on today and noticed a massive improvement in the wet (can actually take roundabouts at the speed limit :D )...

Noise Level: Med/High

Price: £57 each @ trade price ;)

Falkon have stopped making 452's now, so if you find any, its because they're old stock.

Potenza RE050A: 205 45 17
Good in the warm and dry but hopeless in the wet. At over £100 each they are not good value for money IMO!

ContiSport Contact 2: 205 45 17
Really good all rounder. Around £100 each.

Nankang Ultra Sport NS2: 205 45 17
At only £70 per tyre they are surprisingly good especially in the dry where they perform as well as the Bridgestones did! OK in the wet and a good tyre to consider if you're on a budget.

I have just ordered 4 ContiSport Contact 3 in 215 45 17 at £93 each online, so should have them fitted and reviewed in a week or so. Having had the contact 2, the 3 can surely only be even better!

Anyone used hankook rs2's im planning on getting a set next couple of weeks. Heading to the ring so want something that will get me there and grip on track.

Nankang Ultra Sport NS2: 205 45 17
At only £70 per tyre they are surprisingly good especially in the dry where they perform as well as the Bridgestones did! OK in the wet and a good tyre to consider if you're on a budget.

Are you for real? :lol:

Haha I can understand your surprise, but honestly, when i was a student i was skint so I stuck them on and was really impressed! Obviously the Continentals are in a different league but i was so disappointed by the Bridgestones that I would rate them equally along with the Nankangs. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has ever tried them because i'm clearly no expert and a second opinion is always good. Don't get me wrong though, i'm not recommending them unless money is tight!

Back