• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

Michelin pilot sport ps2

I drive and own a FN2 civic Type R, it came with Bridgestone Reo50a, tyre was ok but after I had a puncture I decided to invest in some decent rubber. After a age of researching I settled for the Michelin PS2. Once fitted I noticed a massive difference, really impressed, even more so after I did 8 laps of the Nürburgring Nordshliefe, once warm they just gripped even more and my mate with a tuned Seat Leon running 260 brake couldn't keep up with me, and I put that down to the tyres. Wear is really good and ill be definitely be buying some michelins again.

Hi there,

I've had my EP3 for a few days now and running Michelin Pilot on the front which will be needing replaced shortly. I've done some research and IMO the Parada Spec 2's and Falken FK452's seem like good all rounders.

I've read through this entire thread and can see that the PS 2's are very popular but mixed views when it comes to the wet.

Can anyone enlighten me on the FK452's??

Thanks

Im not the biggest fan of the parada spec 2`s i had them on before i swapped to the falken fk452`s , the falkens were far more grippy and predictive in the wet !

Although im not sure they are going to last quite as long as the paradas...id still choose them before the spec 2`s!

Thanks for the info :)

I think i'll go for the FK452's as they seem like a decent all-rounder! How long did your's last roughly?

My current tyres are 205/45's all round; however i'm not sure the Falkens come in that size? Should i go for 215/40's with the 205/45's on the back (they have plenty meat left in them) or go for the cheaper 205/40?

Cheers.

Just to add my 452s are going strong and I swear it was over a year ago that they were fitted. My gripe is that the side walls are soft, so it always look like they need a bit more psi in them.

I have to hold my hands up that until this year I would buy the cheapest tyres going, budget makes that would make those on this forum cry. This all changes when I bought a Puma track day car, I took it round Snetterton as I bought it intially with some Autogrip tyres which had good tread on. This was fine until I reached a corner where the tyre cried in pain and had me of the road more than once.

After a brief discussion with my mechanic who kindly advised me "you need to change that sh*t" I went off to the tyre place. They and other users recommended the Yokohama parada spec 2 as a good track and road tyre so got some of these and have to say the difference was amazing totally changed the handling and turn in.

now realising budget tyres are very different to good quality makes I have started binning the tyres on my other cars, next up is the Civic which is running 205 45 17 however I have found (like many others) that 205 40 17 are much cheaper so got some of these instead.

Having now done a few track days in the Puma the general word is that Yokohama or Toyo is a good choice, i was thinking of going to a 16" alloy on the Puma however this doubles the price for the tyres of the 15" so will stay with that.

If you've got a set for the rear then run them on the front as well, at least the car will be balanced then.

In a bit of a dilema after doing a track day on my Yokohama Parada's as I need some more tyres now, do I stick with these at £44 or would you spend double the money and go for the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 Performance Road & Track Tyre, am I really going to feel double the value as my budget is tight?

In a bit of a dilema after doing a track day on my Yokohama Parada's as I need some more tyres now, do I stick with these at £44 or would you spend double the money and go for the Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 Performance Road & Track Tyre, am I really going to feel double the value as my budget is tight?

Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 Performance Road & Track Tyre for £88 !!! :eek: What size and where from Guy ?

Recently changed from Yoko Paradas to Neova AD08's. Whilst I've never had a problem with the Paradas. Found them to be predictable in all conditions provided you are driving to the road conditions. I've renewed them at least three times and have always seen about 15k out of the fronts.
I've run them both before and after handling mods (FRSU, LSD, poly bushes). After said mods I must admit i had more confidence in the tyres, but they felt perfectly safe before, even in snow.
Like most tyres when they are getting close to limit with tread the performance in the wet will drop off, I personally change when there is 2/2.5 mm left.

7/10.

Had the AD08's on for approximately 500 miles and first impressions are very good indeed. In the short time I've been using them I've encountered most road conditions (typical British summertime). In the monsoon a few days ago they coped ably with standing water, again driving according to the road conditions. No dramas whatsoever.
However in the dry they are nothing short of epic. Soooo much grip. If I see similar kind of wear as the Paradas I will be very happy indeed.

10/10 (assuming I get decent life out of them)

Hippy, I was just saying to Nick (HASNIC) how my AD08's are barely worn given what they have been through -I predict they are circa 30-40% worn, they have done a brands track day, approx 15 ring laps, and god knows how many laps around Spa in April, I predict, I will need a fresh set just before the annual ring/spa trip in April, maybe.

Back