• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Your car is epic mate, have you done a lot of work your self ??

There is still so much I want to do to mine just need to find the time and money first :) any recommendations on what to do first now that you have done so much

McSherryMan

Cheers buddy

The big mechanical stuff has been carried out by TDi North and Grinspeed and I have done the rest.

It just depends what you are looking for out of your EP3 mate, if its improved driveability you are after then my recommendations would be:-

1) A good FRSU (Fast Road Set-up)
2) Stage 1 engine mods (a good intake, inlet manifold, cat back system and K100)
3) A LSD

:)

1) A good FRSU (Fast Road Set-up)
2) Stage 1 engine mods (a good intake, inlet manifold, cat back system and K100)
3) A LSD

That needs to be stickied, would save a lot of, "what should I do first?" threads. :)

Car looks banging Pete, just seen the pictures in Rickhondr's competition thread. The cars a real credit to you mate.

What's the TDi exhaust like? does it bang in the rain etc?

That needs to be stickied, would save a lot of, "what should I do first?" threads. :)

Car looks banging Pete, just seen the pictures in Rickhondr's competition thread. The cars a real credit to you mate.

What's the TDi exhaust like? does it bang in the rain etc?

Yes Daz, I think a lot of people would agree/put the mods in that similar order - still amazes me how much of a difference a good geo set-up and a good set of tyres can make.

Thanks buddy our EP3's are not too dissimilar and yours is making good solid numbers.

The TDi exhaust is good mate (although I have just found its blowing slightly where the B pipe meets the back box, so just needs resealing) performance wise its brilliant though and makes a nice sporty note whilst being track friendly and stopping your neighbours wanting to stab you at 6am ;)

Tyres. Tantamount to a FRSU. I reel in horror every time I see someone fitting budget tyres to their car. Not just performance cars, but all cars in general. The only point of contact and thus you're only real safety net; I know, I'll buy these cheap tyres because I'd rather spend money making my car go faster. Well done pleb, compound your problem by making it even harder to stop and more difficult to control in the twisties...

Oh, and the ETD will be much more noticeable when giving it the beans down a country lane. Multiple high rpm gear changes in close succession, you'll feel the difference in the smoothness of everything.

Cheers Pete, I'm just starting to consider what I do next. do you find the exhaust knocks in the wet?

100% agree with you karl, it always amazes me that people choose budget tyres on any car let alone performance cars.

Tyres. Tantamount to a FRSU. I reel in horror every time I see someone fitting budget tyres to their car. Not just performance cars, but all cars in general. The only point of contact and thus you're only real safety net; I know, I'll buy these cheap tyres because I'd rather spend money making my car go faster. Well done pleb, compound your problem by making it even harder to stop and more difficult to control in the twisties...

Oh, and the ETD will be much more noticeable when giving it the beans down a country lane. Multiple high rpm gear changes in close succession, you'll feel the difference in the smoothness of everything.

It's a fair comment that Karl, no point trying to save money for power mods and neglecting the basics, I remember having a set of federal tyres at one point, they were not budgets but were not the most expensive tyres.
Ok in the dry but wanted to kill you in the wet... Goodyear Eagle's being fitted next Saturday ;)

Thanks mate I will report back after my next B road blast :)

Cheers Pete, I'm just starting to consider what I do next. do you find the exhaust knocks in the wet?

100% agree with you karl, it always amazes me that people choose budget tyres on any car let alone performance cars.

No mate the exhaust doesn't bang in the wet at all, even when its monsoon weather haha.

That's good to know, mine goes crazy in the wet, deciding whether to go for a TDI system or get a custom b pipe made for mine.

Small update, should have the Mugen front lip fitted at the end of the month/first week of March.

Got a message to say its all sprayed ready to go. :)

Went and had my Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres fitted this morning, I've only had the front tyres changed initially due to there being plenty of tread left on the rears, however, my OCD may mean that I swap the rears after pay day too.

I went for the Eagle F1's knowing that they have a good reputation and so far very impressed, superb grip and handles the bumpy roads much better than the Yokohama tyres that came off - which where definitely done too.

On the downside when the car was up on the ramp I found its one of the welds that's gone on my exhaust, basically where the pipework goes into the silencer :( thought it would be too much to hope it just needed resealing on the join.

Dropped Paul at TDi an email when I got home and he came straight back to say that he's got a replacement silencer in stock and will get it couriered out to me asap all free of charge!!

Was a little disappointed with the system only being 12 months old but its just one of those things that can happen and the service from TDi has been brilliant as always.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your exhaust problem mate, but WOW! Replacement sent free of charge that's amazing customer service.

McSherryMan

Replacement silencer arrived today, great service from Paul and the lads at TDi, getting it swapped over when my Mugen front lip is fitted next Wednesday.

Also due to receive my awesome new custom centre console and door handle inserts that Jamie has done for me in the next couple of days, along with a new Honda badge for the front grill and a set of bonnet pins.

Really need to start winding in the spending on a 12 year old car :D

Back