• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best and easiest way to make my FN2 CTR quicker?!

Is there any other way to gain more power out of my FN2 without paying the large sum of £900 for a re-map?
I've already got the HKS racing suction kit on it, but just wondering how I can squeeze more power out of the engine without going crazy £££?

images

The only way you'll get any real benefit from bolt ons like induction kits or exhausts is with a remap.

Flashpro is £550 new, you can get them second hand for £450 and I'm sure I've seen recently TDi-North charge £200+VAT for a remap, so hardly £900.

NOS is a good shout though. On going cost and setup charge but instant gains.

Driver Tuition, trackdays, handling upgrades etc.

Especially trackdays, you will learn in that 1 day how capable the car actually is without spending silly amounts of money on modifications.

As harv has said. Learn to drive the car first!

Cheaper way's to go fast....

Lighten the car, remove excess weight.
Upgrade the discs and pads and fluid.
Better suspension and geometry with decent tyres.

All will help to make the car faster without actually increasing the power.

As harv has said. Learn to drive the car first!

Cheaper way's to go fast....

Lighten the car, remove excess weight.
Upgrade the discs and pads and fluid.
Better suspension and geometry with decent tyres.

All will help to make the car faster without actually increasing the power.

I should have made my question more specific. I mean is there any way to gain more power without the remap?
I only use it on the roads and I dont fancy flying through red lights, seeing how quick I can take a round-about and try to touch every apex round my local roads.
Although I would like to get back into racing of some kind. Did junior, then senior, karting in the rotax max class from the age of 9-18. I lost the enthusiasm for it. Then I needed a job!

I was serious when i sad Nos. If you know what you're doing can instal yourself. Small shots should be ok..... 15-20bhp.

Ok

Hondas are expensive to tune.
End of. Lol

To Make the most of a filter or exhaust you will need a remap

Ill look into Nos. How does the Mugen Type R get 240bhp? With the same engine?

Different cams, different intake, port matched inlet manifold, bigger throttle body, port matched block to intake and exhaust, flowed head, thinner head gasket, blue printed engine, new full exhaust system with a custom Mugen header and a cat in the B-pipe, remap.

About £6-7k including labour, roughly speaking. A lot of labour intensive work.

If your not looking to kill the apexes of your local roads is ~200bhp and pretty good FWD handling not good enough?

That made me lough haha
I say remap. For a fn2 there not bad money £300 - £400 ish

I think you need a Kpro or something like that first, they are not cheap. There is a group buy on here somewhere for Kpro and map for <£650 I think.

I think you need a Kpro or something like that first, they are not cheap. There is a group buy on here somewhere for Kpro and map for <£650 I think.

Flashpro not Kpro is what you require. They usually come up for sale quite regular on Civinfo for around £350-400 second hand.

Back