• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

R - 00001

Wow piece of history there, my first CTR was number 230 I thought that was cool but this definetely tops that!

Pics will come soon.
now verifying its authentity but according to AD it is original.
not really sure what to do with it though :)

No one knows for sure. Dealers say it's 99% authentic but have no tools to say it for granted.
Honda UK does not reply to my emails...
Any suggestions guys?

There's a guy on here who works at the honda factory, I'll see if I can find his name.... he might possibly know of a way of checking.

There's a guy on here who works at the honda factory, I'll see if I can find his name.... he might possibly know of a way of checking.
would be great Mate.
I'm stuck coz I bought the car to build a trackcar but if it is 00001 it would be a stupid move....

Yea, don't do that :lol:

The guy's name is NORRO, no idea if he'll be able to help but worth sending a message anyway.

I'm surprised its not in a Honda Museum somewhere

What paperwork, history did you get with it?

Keep it as mint as possible!

I swear someone on here said that those plaques are random and not related to the build number.

I was just going to post that.

Pressed in order obviously, but picked out of the parts tray at random on the line. The chassis number would be the only way to identify the first off the line, however I do believe the first few had the honour of receiving a R-00000 plaque. One was (I don't know if it still is) tucked away at HUK and the others went as press cars to be dismantled afterwards.

Still not disputing R-00001 is very :cool: to own though.

Cheers dude, thought that was the case. I think mine is R-16900 odd and it's a 52 plate, so they must've been very busy over the course of a year, something like 40+ cars a day every day :lol:

The plaque may be random but also may confirm car's uniqueness.
It's just that I'd rather keep it OEM, sell or exchange if it really is uniqe.

Back