• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's unmagnificent '85 Civic

Reply to the past other half simply reading "It's ok, I was only in it for the sex anyway. Thanks for negating my need to masturbate for the last few months".

I bet you'd get a reply then. Just not a pleasant one. :lol:

Pictures wise, I don't mind the Mugen graphics but the wheels are awful; and I've never been a fan of the yellow over blue Spoon colour schemes sadly.

So, what, tell her the truth? But that's not how relationships work Karl. :lol:

The spoon colours don't do it for me either, do love the mugen motul style but this will never be a race car. I've been looking for a garage door seal to use as a lip like those two though. Wheels are a tough choice, there are just so many that will fit but so few that would suit it. Ideally I'd have rota grid Vs in bronze, but they would cost more than the car. Top of the list is currently either some old BMW/BBS style or these:

Not a bad looking wheel really. They remind me of an old German wheel that was popular with Vauxhall's, particularly Carltons, around my (old) way in the mid to late 90's.

Aye, surprisingly good looking for £300 brand new! Retro, dished, cheap, ticks all the boxes really. There's a good set of bmw wheels for £100 at the mo, but refurbing mesh wheels by hand would take FOREVER and a professional job would probably cost another £200. So I may as well buy a spanky new set.

Wheels won't be for a while though, need to sort a few other things first and get an MOT.

But if the overall cost is the same for both sets, then surely it should fall to the most attractive of the two? Granted a lot of hard work might be required for the mesh set, but it's not as if that sort of thing fazes you. Just be sure to do it outside, with an overly loud power tool, just for your neighbour's benefit. :lol:

Yep, nobody can accuse me of shirking the time and effort! Think I'm just a bit fed up with corrosion at the moment, it would be so very nice to have something new for a change.

I got my hands on a compressor recently, it makes a wonderfully irritating noise :lol:. Need to buy a few air tools so I can use it more.

Small update. I fixed a snapped bumper mount that's been bugging the cr*p out of me. It took ages with one hand, but it's one of those things that I'll never find a replacement, so it was worth doing properly. It looked like somebody had tried to melt it back together, then given up and put a woodscrew through the bumper :mad:. Most of the time was spent trimming off melted plastic and getting it straight.

The aluminium parts are new, it was all plastic originally. Had to cut a few bits off and some of the plastic is missing, but I think it's stronger than ever now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad news chaps. Well not very sad actually. Quite positive on all fronts if I'm honest.

At some point next week the unmagnificent civic is going to Honda. It will be properly restored and become a gate guard at a dealership. I will be leaving with a top spec Jazz in exchange.

It's been fun, I must admit that I've grown very fond of this car, but I can't afford to give it the attention it needs. I'm happy that it's story will continue and that it will be in good hands. I'm also very happy at the thought of aircon, reliability, a working stereo, no more trays of kitty litter to soak up the unbelievable humidity, and predictable running costs.

I'm also happy that Honda are giving me twice what I paid for it less than a month before the mot runs out! :woot:

I took it to them a month ago asking about parts/history/anything, and the boys fell in love with it. They used their computers and offered me £100. I went back on Friday looking for a proper daily and played the racing heritage and rarity cards for all they were worth. I guess they had been talking about the car because after 30 mins of negotiation they offered me a lot more than £100 as px on a top spec Jazz.

Proper result indeed. After the deal is finalised I will say more.

Yep, they need my research and contacts to fully refurbish the car. So I will be involved in the rebirth, in an advisory capacity at least. I hope to be present for the unveiling wherever it ends up.

That's cool mate, shame in a way. But then the deal you have does sound good and it will be great to see what Honda do to it. Keep us posted

Sounds like an offer you couldn't refuse. Definitely keep us updated with what they do with the '85.

Back