• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #4

Skunk2 have got back to me. No need to change anything. Torque down to factory settings, time up to factory and adjust clearances to factory.

So Loxy did you get the new parts fitted at the weekend? Or do you have a time in mind?

Ps It is Monday so you know what that means? Fast & Loud the Honda Version. :)

New battery and FD2 throttle body fitted on my drive over the weekend. I'm not tackling cams on my own though.

It's booked in for the cams fitting on the 13th August. Mapping is being done by VitViper and will commence on the 13th. :smt023

New battery and FD2 throttle body fitted on my drive over the weekend. I'm not tackling cams on my own though.

It's booked in for the cams fitting on the 13th August. Mapping is being done by VitViper and will commence on the 13th. :smt023

Sounds good.

Just read your whole thread, what a stunning FN2 mate. Really do like these in white, one of the best colours for them imo. Lots of class mods done to it, and it shows. I'd thought about a new exhaust for mine, but like you, don't want one that too loud or drowns out the sound from the induction kit (HKS). Got to admit, I love the look of the FN2's. one of the sweetest looking civics ever made. Thought sbout selling mine at the start of the year (I get itchy feet with cars!) but there isnt anything I'd honestly want over the fn2. So Roxy is staying! When you going to tdi for the map?

I can't see you call your car roxy without imagining your calling it loxy with an Asian accent :lol:

Cheers bud.

I've absolutely no idea in all honesty. Without the cams this should be making anything between 237-240 on TDi-North's dyno. I've always reckoned on £100 per 1hp when doing NA tuning, so if I get 250 I'll be very happy.

Putting that into perspective though, I got 247 with the Skunk2 Stage 1s which needed valve springs and a better tensioner, 249 when the cam gear was adjusted, so really 250 isn't looking realistic.

If it has the driving characteristics of the Skunk2 Stage 1s though it will be worth it, as they felt very punchy in the mid range.

Last night's drive of the new CTR has thrown me big style.

Currently I'm not going to fit the cams and will probably look to sell them on and run the car as is for 12 months and save save save...

Back