• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #4

Also asked Stevie to fit the Solid Fabs 3" cat back while I was there as I thought it wouldn't be a long job. Turned out my OEM B-pipe was pretty much welded onto the cat and had to be cut off so as not to damage the cat. :roll:

I had this exact problem on my EP3 a couple weeks ago, struggling to get it to sit right now, may have to get a new manifold to fix the figment!

Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to bin all of my exhaust when it came of last year as it was beyond repair ! Got a new system from pipewerx which I was happy with and a sports car which passed mot ! Lifetime guarantee also !

Looks great this :)

Had a quiet week with the car really.

I took the J37 throttle body off on the driveway and put the OEM one back on.

The J37 was whistling at part throttle, not unlike you'd hear on something like an old air cooled Beetle would. Double checked the gaskets were on correctly as it came off and they were, and the whistle completely gone with the OEM throttle body back on. So it was either the P2R adaptor plate or the throttle body. Either way, it's been returned as faulty and I've asked for a refund.

I'm currently waiting for a brand new FD2 throttle body to make its way over to me from Australia, and I'll fit that on the driveway again when it arrives.

So I've had two major compromises now on the build. I've had to go down to a 2.5" Tegiwa exhaust as a 3" is just too loud for a daily friendly car IMHO, and I'm now looking at an FD2 throttle body as I'm put off the J37s now and there isn't anything else out there. Then again there is the argument that bigger is necessarily needed.

I had planned to stick some TDi-North drop in cams in there as well at the end of the month but I'm questioning that decision now and I must just get it mapped as is...

Who's going to map it John? No issues so var using Vit myself. Although once it's done the dyno near me will tell the true story.

Still booked into TDi for the end of the month, though the thought of seeing the map evolve with a Vit does appeal a bit.

The bonus for me with a Vit tune would be the lack of a power figure if I didn't go cams. It would get rid of the chasing numbers game.

I might still go for the cams yet. I could always wait 12 months and see how I feel about it.

I'd get it mapped first and then go from there. I've looked at cams for the S2000 (and boosting) but then I think to myself that it's quick enough as it is. The Vit map has done a load of good to the mid range, well, at least my bum dyno tells me it has.

Had a delivery yesterday from Paul at Spooner Restorations and it's rather lovely.

I've pinched his pictures as they are better than mine.

FB_IMG_1437086896342.jpg

FB_IMG_1437086934556.jpg

FB_IMG_1437086925557.jpg

FB_IMG_1437086892089.jpg

This will be going on when I have the cams fitted. Yes cams! :oops:

I've decided to give the Skunk2 drop in cams a try. Part number is 305-05-7000, and they should be arriving today from Tegiwa.

They report to be, "compatible with the OEM valve train," so the plan up to now is to literally just swap them with the OEM cams and see how they go with the OEM valve train.

In a break from the norm for me, I'm going to be using VitViper (http://vittuned.com/) for the mapping using the remote mapping service.

The reasoning behind this is just simply to try another way of doing things as the process is completely new to me. No reflection on TDi-North but I just thought it is good to have a change every now and then. :lol:

I will hopefully still be getting a dyno run at TDi-North at the end of it to see what it is kicking out.

I just knew you'd get cams :lol:

Top work John.... out of interest, did you attempt to buy back your old FN2 at all? You're pretty much back in the same place you were when you sold it.

Yeah looks very good. Loxy with all the work on the FN2 are you going to track it? Or just keep it on public roads or do both? I went and read the Spooner thread and that is one talented guy. The rocker covers he has done look extremely good. I would like my K20 one done black and Honda writing in Red to go with NHB theme and red R badges :) The white and red looked good too. In fact they all looked good. :D

SKIP did you see that you are featured in Fast & Loud the Honda version? :p

I just knew you'd get cams :lol:

Top work John.... out of interest, did you attempt to buy back your old FN2 at all? You're pretty much back in the same place you were when you sold it.

:lol: felt like I had to.

I've not seen anything of the old car at all since I sold it. Funny as I was only saying I hadn't seen or heard of it yesterday.

Yeah looks very good. Loxy with all the work on the FN2 are you going to track it? Or just keep it on public roads or do both? I went and read the Spooner thread and that is one talented guy. The rocker covers he has done look extremely good. I would like my K20 one done black and Honda writing in Red to go with NHB theme and red R badges :) The white and red looked good too. In fact they all looked good. :D

A bit of both. I actually need to book some track days but it's getting to the point now where I'd be happy putting it on track. It will be a road car predominantly, with lessons learned from the last FN2.

The rumours I have heard is Honda may do a more extreme version of the new CTR for tracking. Again rumours heard a Honda dealership mention it.

The rumours I have heard is Honda may do a more extreme version of the new CTR for tracking. Again rumours heard a Honda dealership mention it.

That's only if the Ring record gets beaten. The new one is plenty quick enough on track as it is.

Skunk2 cams have arrived.

IMAG3206.jpg

I found these from when the FD2 throttle body arrived so thought I'd put them up.

IMAG3207_1.jpg

IMAG3208_1.jpg

That's only if the Ring record gets beaten. The new one is plenty quick enough on track as it is.

Actually I forgot to say as in stripped down type R with the back seats taken out of it and putting to on a diet loosing additional weight. Might as well go ask Gordon and Matt if you can borrow their BTCC cars lol.

More goodies Loxy......You are going to make me eat my words and jokes about the FN2 type R. I bet that your wife now would like you to buy her the new Type -R as her daily? :D

Oh when I was at Pizza Hut the other night I parked next to an FN2 CTR with an awesome reg plate. T25 YPR lol

Back