• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda #4 - FN2 GT (Nav/HFT)

Well after a day of not driving it yesterday (wtf?) I took it out this evening for a spirited run :smt047

Stopped off to take a couple of pics.
Trust me I'll use the proper camera next time... :)

I'm hooked, back to the world of the Type R.

Really love the dash on the FN2, and even after driving a '16 plate Civic every day, it still seems right up to date.

Footwell lights illuminate the scotchlite bits on my trainers really well too :)

The FN2 has a more meaty sound to it, a more powerful sound than the EP3.
Comparing stock to stock the EP3 sounds tinnier, but sounds like it revs higher.

The pitch is higher on an EP3 is how I would describe it. (Having had one 4.5 years)

stunning motor mate. Really grown on me and love the colour. Never owed a red car so I'm so tempted to go down that route.

How do you like the drive compared to an EP3

stunning motor mate. Really grown on me and love the colour. Never owed a red car so I'm so tempted to go down that route.

How do you like the drive compared to an EP3

I'm happy with it Spike, it feels more planted on the road in normal/spirited driving, the EP3 felt lighter and twitchier to me. (possibly more agile)
The balance is more in line with what I want out of a car now.

It does feel a bigger car both inside and out in my opinion.
Difficult to compare and say one better than the other, they are just different cars, even the engine sounds a different animal

On the one I test drove they felt a lot more grown up and more comfy. I also thought the handling was good even though I didn't go for it like it was my own. Agree the engine gives a different note but in a good way.

On the bought list already

4 x Bridgestone S001 tyres
1 x Genuine Honda red carpet set
1 x Genuine Honda Red "H" key back
1 x Radiator :(

upcoming...
4 x wheels refurbs :)

Radiator?!

Mmm.
Puddle on the garage floor 1st night back home.
I told the guy I bought it off and he honestly had no idea and thought I was pulling his leg.

I took it back to him the day after and he looked at it up on the ramps and its seaping very slightly.
He's going to fit me the new one for free.
That said, it was parked outside the workshop all day and there wasn't a spot on the floor, or overnight, so I believe him when he says he had no suspicion it was leaking.

One of the techies said he's been there 10 years and never known a Civic radiator leak.
Just bad luck I guess.

Washing, claying and polishing shall commence at 8am in the morning !! :D
Looking forward to tidying it up and getting some nice sealant on it.

Well after a tiring Thursday (day off pffftt :lol:) I managed to get the Type R looking spot on.

Washed, de-tarred with Autosmart Tardis, iron contaminants removed with Bilt Hamber Korrosol, then clayed and washed again.
After that all the paintwork was machine polished and cleansed with Dodo Juice Lime Prime, nice clean, slick product (no dusting)
Wheels cleaned with ValetPro Bilberry wheels cleaner and a cheapo brush from Wilko.
Then everything sealed with two coats of Polish Angel Master Sealant (easiest application and removal of any sealant or wax that I've tried yet)

Interior still to do, but I've got the new red mats in :cool:

Red H key back fitted to keys.

Radiator fitted this morning
New tyres fitted too.

Car is now just ready for a good blast somewhere nice.
Will get progress pics up in next few days.

Not used to the mpg I have to admit, usually 60+ in the Tourer/CRZ and I'm on an indicated 27mpg having squeezed 130 miles out of £30 worth of Nitro+ before refuelling lol :lol:

Not used to the mpg I have to admit, usually 60+ in the Tourer/CRZ and I'm on an indicated 27mpg having squeezed 130 miles out of £30 worth of Nitro+ before refuelling lol :lol:

Haha. I feel the same. 1.9tdi audi, to high 20's on the fn2. Worth it for the smile though

When I picked the car up and took the keys I started with these generic any old Civic keys... (other than the Type R keyring lol)

...had to be done really...:)

I had a cloudy drivers side headlight.
The left side of it is as it was, and the right hand side simply had some Meguiars Plastex rubbed on it with a cloth.

2 minute job

All done

Looks fantastic pal. Your silver always comes up good and easier to keep clean. I have this list to do tomorrow, luckily my cousin is off work with a bum ACL so making him help me with the clay barring, Polish and waxing. Not done a full members car thread so I'll start one when it's done. Black though :( all them swirls lol

Looks fantastic pal. Your silver always comes up good and easier to keep clean. I have this list to do tomorrow, luckily my cousin is off work with a bum ACL so making him help me with the clay barring, Polish and waxing. Not done a full members car thread so I'll start one when it's done. Black though :( all them swirls lol

Prima Amigo ;)

Took the detail pics in HDR mode on the camera and I don't really like how they've come out, they look really artificial.
Next time its cleaned up I'll get some arty shots at a nice location :)

A fine example you've got there mate! I've been persuaded recently to sell my bronze FN2 for the silver by all the recent posts on here.

Back