• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R #11 / polished metal metallic FK2 GT

As an update to this , I found the forge coolant hoses let some coolant out under pressure. Allegedly they need jubilee clips rather than the oem spring clamp style clips. To that end they've gone back and oem hoses are back on.

I'll be avoiding anything forge in the future.

Oil check today and no fluids used which is reassuring.

b1bd2f764f7781157974ddb4d2067b55.jpg

As an update to this , I found the forge coolant hoses let some coolant out under pressure. Allegedly they need jubilee clips rather than the oem spring clamp style clips. To that end they've gone back and oem hoses are back on.

I used quite a lot of Forge coolant hoses last year on a Honda CBR engine. I always used a jubilee (or better still a Mikalor) for the hoses - the Honda constant tension ones don't put up much of a fight against the pressure.

I never checked their website or anything but I'm very surprised Forge don't mention it.

Inbound.

Rear pads.

6c83365b5c74cd2a20f0ca3d9f2318d4.jpg

And to finish off the interior >

Honda genuine carbon glove box trim.

e932cda049b6ac438b7e36f76319d993.jpg

And a pic I found on the web.

1cd65ad05e099de9b0fe6b1e5d9870ab.jpg

I've never really understood the carbon glovebox trim as OEM looks carbon anyway and the trim just does away with the red accent. Fair play though, balls deep and all. :lol:

Give it a good clean & lots of pressure, dealer fitted mine & I've noticed the bottom corner near the head unit is slightly lifting, not bad but enough to niggle the OCD nerve.

I wish they did more carbon for the interior, there's something needed to finish the look, steering wheel garnish would of been nice or even something around the head unit

The biggest oversight of the interior imo is that Honda didn't make the handbrake leather with red stitching to match the wheel.

Even the wife's entry level Fiesta has a leather look handbrake where-as the FK2 is rubber?!?!

Are there any Honda interior options you won't have?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The biggest oversight of the interior imo is that Honda didn't make the handbrake leather with red stitching to match the wheel.

Even the wife's entry level Fiesta has a leather look handbrake where-as the FK2 is rubber?!?!

Usual Honda stuff. I've never had any of that in mine and if you do want that then you buy the mugen handbrake cover. Thankfully the fk2 has limited mods which keep my bank balance relatively happy.

I just want to be a little different with mine hence the wheels and black theme, not many have the carbon wing I have either so it's all good.

3bc4bb2034d587a61354694c3bc492fc.jpg

Carbon glovebox garnish (Honda)

That's the interior all kitted out with the optional Honda carbon now.

Tempted by the fog light surrounds I saw at thruxton recently. Then it's a full house of carbon goodness.

e301f953c2f0d0b3050f2848f41c293e.jpg

Speaking of which I saw a load of fk2's there and none of them had the carbon wing , or tail gate garnish , but surprisingly there polished metal ones outnumbered the rest..

67a55f61de2f2d3cefdf167775216451.jpg

Also picked up some pmu hc800 rear pads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen every colour in the wild bar Milano. Yet it was so common in the FN2

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Just watched the DannyDC2 vid on the YouTube, car is looking and sounding awesome. I'm surprised how much extra turbo noise you get from the intake!

Saw that video too, car looks and sounds amazing. The price of that venturi cam cover though!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Minor update. Changed the exhaust for a milltek "race" version.

[video=youtube;pX0eK2-mktg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX0eK2-mktg[/video]

Back