• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by 2837dave lynch

1. 2

new member. 1st honda. loud vtec no power

Bit of an update on this but still no solution. I ended up having to take the car back off the crowd it was in with as they had it for 4 weeks and hadnt even looked at it. Got the car back off them anyway and now its worse than it ever was. It used to run ok down the revs and only hold back...
  2. 2

think thats defs the next thing im going to be looking at, cheers for the help anyway mate! Haha they're sent to try us lad lol
  3. 2

Its kind of looking that way now mate, clogged cat was the first thing I thought of but everyone I mentioned it to who had ep3's or worked on them reckoned it was timing related. The first boy I took it to rebuilds engines and gearboxes for them and he was pretty sure it was the vtec solenoid...
  4. 2

Cheers mate! Its a bit dear for a paperweight though! Haha
  5. 2

Thanks for the reply mate was just having a quick read through it there. Ive tried a couple things mentioned in that already but something i keep coming across in alot of threads too is a blocked cat. If it was something as simple as that id be a happy man. cheers again!
  6. 2

Hi folks, just joined the forum and hoping to get a bit of advice about my troublesome honda so i'll start from the beginning. Bought my first honda about 6 weeks ago. Its an 05 ep3 type R. After being to look at countless ep3's I finally found this one. It had 130k, full years mot, brand new...
Back