• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Adam-MGTF

1. A

Are there any Brakers for Type Rs?

thank you guys! will call first thing in the morning :D
  2. A

Are there any Brakers for Type Rs?

For the life of me I can't find any and i need some odd parts i can get cheap from a brakers I am sure... if i can find one!!!!!
  3. A

The MG-TF K20a V-TEC Project Thread (very pic heavy)

Good spot! did you get them with the pry bar set?? man, you have no idea it's still not done!!! the car may be fireing up in less than 14 days!!!! I need a driveshaft and some exhaust manifold studs now and thats it!!!
  4. A

UPDATE 15th January 2012well not allot to report I'm afraidI can't do much until My suspension is home and the bushes are pressed.but the wiring has continuedit's a massive mess still but getting thereshall we see some gash/dangerous and all round fail wiring?nicethats just in-explicabledonor...
  5. A

Could someone take pictures of their short driveshaft please?

specifically where it goes into the gearbox? thanks!
  6. A

thanks rf55! nice to see your still reading! More wiring tomorrow lol dont sp, you'll make me blush! lol It's been a labour of love really BUT I do wish i had simply converted my First TF instead of buying this bag of spanners. It wouldn't have been any more work really lol as i've had to...
  7. A

B]Update: 4th January 2012[/B] Happy new year everyone!!!! Wow I can't belive it's been 3 weeks since my last update. I've been up to all sorts! The TF-R has been keeping me stupidly busy! So much so I've been remiss in updating the thread :( sorry guys! Time to make up for that I think...
  8. A

Update: 16/12/11 Just a Quick update for tonight, more of that "takes ages and seems to produce nothing" type of night. I laid all my Polybushes out tonight to make sure i had the correct ones in the right places (if anything was wrong i bought them nearly 2 years ago so im stuffed! :lol: )...
  9. A

What oil, coolant, spark plugs, gearbox oil should i use to service my K20a?

when you say standard coolant... a TFs standard coolant is premium red OAT.... is this the same for the K20? and prferance for the make of motor oil? I've always used castrol syntec or mobil before but never in a K20 the oil filter i dont know, I think it's different to OEM so im going to take...
  10. A

What oil, coolant, spark plugs, gearbox oil should i use to service my K20a?

As per the thread title, Tomorrows job is to drain the oils from my K20s gearbox and engine and fill the engine. I might change the spark plugs but that can be done later if unrated ones from the web are worth ordering :) (I've seen HKS ones but on a stock engine with just a K-Pro is it worth...
  11. A

Can you all share your thoughts on this rubbing pipe? I don't want it killing my K20

good stuff mate.... im thinking of some sheeting covered in copperslip maybe I'd put a bigger pipe on but it is going to be a bit of a nightmare to say the least im off tomorrow so i'll give it a long ponder it looks like a coolant pipe for a oil cooler to me... only way to find out is to...
  12. A

Can you all share your thoughts on this rubbing pipe? I don't want it killing my K20

bump... am i going to kill my engine or not, what do you think?
  13. A

pic up in it's own thread! oh... update time! Update! 15/12/11 Well about time! The past two weeks have been very busy and to the outsider I don't have much to show for it really... but we'll get to that. First I have a confession to make.... For thoes of you who don't know, MG-Rover had...
  14. A

Hi guys With my engine back in the TFs subframe there is only 1 issue... The engine has a remote oil filter (and god is it a bit of a mess) but thats not the issue the problem is a pipe is rubbing now i think it might be ok... or i could maybe put some sheeting between it and the subframe...
Back