• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Can you all share your thoughts on this rubbing pipe? I don't want it killing my K20

Hi guys

With my engine back in the TFs subframe there is only 1 issue... The engine has a remote oil filter (and god is it a bit of a mess) but thats not the issue

the problem is a pipe is rubbing

now i think it might be ok... or i could maybe put some sheeting between it and the subframe it's rubbing on to make sure the pipe isn't wore away by engine movement over time... but im not sure if thats a possibility

and my problem is made worse as i've never seen where a K20s Oil filter bolts on as standard... so i don't know what part of the remote filter adaptor is the adaptor. and what parts are Honda OEM

can you all help?

here are a number of angles of the offending pipe

On the left coming off slightly rusty pipe out of the filter houseing

DSC04834.jpg

a good image of how it snakes back to the pipe that runs along the belt side of the block and into another pipe (I assume this is coolant which makes me think an oil cooler is involved?)

DSC04833.jpg

how it rubs... its in the bottom right of the pic with what looks like a tie-wrap on it

DSC04832.jpg

and 2 zoom out views so you can orientate yourself

DSC04836.jpg

DSC04835.jpg

If i can work this out guys I have nothing left to figure out for the Build (i think!) so help will be mega appreciated!

If you wear through the pipe, that I presume is for the engine coolant you're in big trouble. Overheating, seizure, fire.

A smooth sheet between the pipe and the subframe like you say will help dramatically, dab of grease on the sheet wouldn't hurt either.

For the oil filter, in your 3rd picture, if you unscrew the large square headed peice the pipe connection in front of that can be removed then the standard oil filter screws directly behind that to the engine.

good stuff mate.... im thinking of some sheeting covered in copperslip maybe

I'd put a bigger pipe on but it is going to be a bit of a nightmare to say the least

im off tomorrow so i'll give it a long ponder

it looks like a coolant pipe for a oil cooler to me... only way to find out is to take it off so i'll do that tomorrow too

not somwhere i want to take risks with (heck im putting a K20a in my TF to STOP head gasket failure :lol:) it would be epic sods law if i cooked it!

Back