• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by aka-red

1. aka-red

Engine conversions?

now thats just greedy!!
  2. aka-red

Engine conversions?

you are probably correct. was just wondering if such a task had been done before? a b16ab into a starlet would be a good marriage i think ha ha.
  3. aka-red

Engine conversions?

Can a b16 ek9/ek4 engine be put into a toyota starlet, or am i not allowed to use the 't' word ha ha. Or another way, put a starlet glanza v engine into a ek4? can this be done. or am i just dreaming. Was thinking it could be a possible project, would be different aswell?
  4. aka-red

Not a HONDA owner anymore :(

golly gosh, thats me told then aint it. Mods would be done over time, not straight away, i was needing a car to keep up with mates.
  5. aka-red

what mods' can be done to a 1.4i to boost the hp? can you get them to 120hp?
  6. aka-red

thanks for the idea's guys. I will keep looking. The benefit of a 1.4 over the 1.5 is the insurance group. At least if i get a Honda, it should live for a long time at least!
  7. aka-red

sorry for the 'yh'. Its been a while since i have been on here. yes, you do have a point, i have been looking at the figures of a few cars. But a seat arosa is faster than the 1.5. But i do like my honda's!!!
  8. aka-red

yh i been looking at them, could do with a 1.4 to keep costs down!. Proving hard to find any i like!
  9. aka-red

I have just sold my ep3. Need another honda though, I haven't swatted up on the older civics yet, but is there such a thing as a 1.4 vti? (ek4) Just need something cheaper to run as i have bought my first house :) What are the faults or big problems i need to look out for when buying one of these?
  10. aka-red

Placing the axle stands on rear?

can you not jack the car up using the beam that the suspension arms attach onto?
  11. aka-red

Placing the axle stands on rear?

how have you come on with your tie bar?
  12. aka-red

just seen your pictures on the good job you done at detailing your wifes car. just wondered if...

just seen your pictures on the good job you done at detailing your wifes car. just wondered if learning to detail is hard to do? what is needed? cheers.
  13. aka-red

Common Civic Faults

To pugwall. When you replaced your pads, did you put copper slip on the back of the pads where the piston touches? Also thinking about your knocking. Maybe a possible drive shaft worn and knocking?
  14. aka-red

Fitting the E Tech brace with AC????

sounds good! i fitted a j's strut brace, has got to be the easiest mod i have done to my car! 6 nuts to tighten up and it was on haha.
  15. aka-red

Fitting the E Tech brace with AC????

oh and a niice looking engine bay you have there! very clean and tidy!
Back