• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Andrew Simmons

1. A

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

It's great. I get around 400 miles per tank combined. It's got body roll, but it's more a GT car than a hot hatch. Its 235bhp, and it does have that brutal acceleration. I leave it in 'all-weather' mode which gives less power, light steering and is great for town and casual driving. It...
  2. A

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

Went for a Giulietta Cloverleaf mate. 238bhp, 5 doors, insanely comfy, adaptive bi xenons etc. Only 7.5k with 58k on the clock.
  3. A

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

I forgot to update this. I sold the car back in April. I was fed up of the poor ride quality, horrible seats and just generally unhappy with the car. Replaced it with an Alfa
  4. A

Topped oil up and the dipstick stunk of petrol

Embarrassingly it turned out that my young lad gave me the tissue that he used to wipe some excess spillage petrol off the petrol cap for me to wipe the dip stick down. Gave the dip stick a thorough clean and voila. Took it for an oil change after anyway and it was perfectly fine. Not my...
  5. A

Topped oil up and the dipstick stunk of petrol

Any ideas? Ive got it booked in at my local for it to be checked out
  6. A

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

Fitted some Yokohama Advan V105 tyres onto the car, priced at £85 a corner. I highly rated Yokohama as I had AD08's on my RX8 and V105's on my Megane 250. Car feels much better! Clutch is worn in nicely too, feels miles better. So the next step is suspension. Im torn. I keep thinking coilovers...
  7. A

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

Good to hear, love them cars!
  8. A

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

If I had known Mark I wouldve bitten your hand off! Enjoying your FK2?
  9. A

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

Me too, finally enjoy the car after 6 months!
  10. A

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

Competition Clutch OEM replacement kit and Lightweight flywheel now fitted. Clutch is really light, never realised how heavy it used to be. Had an EML light come on over night, was a knock sensor which was code-read and replaced for £60 fitted. Faultless prices for top notch work in my opinion!
  11. A

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

I believe it is OEM spec , it was £120 but I got 10% discount on parts as I use them often. Flywheel is Competition Clutch too. It is more of an 'it will do for a year' job to be honest. I was originally going to buy some Meister R coilovers but the clutch started to be awful in reverse and...
  12. A

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

Been months since I updated! Gearbox synchro's came back fine, but the clutch is going. Smells of burning whenever I reverse, bit of slipping too. Been quoted £108 for an OEM clutch kit, lightweight flywheel for £180 and labour at £54 per hour. Opinions on that?
  13. A

Petrol prices in your area

Vpower is £1.25.9p for me. Usually use that as Shell is under a mile away
  14. A

Water leak from the roof inside the car?

I dont think it would cause the heat, I do think that the rear right being as hard as a slab compared to the left could be the shocker. In all honesty I havent got the foggiest idea. Its the grinding noise on wheel rotation. It could be the wheel bearing. It could be anything at this stage.
  15. A

Water leak from the roof inside the car?

Cheers loxy. I dont think it is a binding caliper as the noise disappears when I turn left but gets worse if i turn right. Its also very hard on the suspension in that corner, just bottoms out. I reckon Shock absorbers the issue. Im waiting on the gearbox being sorted then im thinking...
Back