• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Water leak from the roof inside the car?

Had some heavy rain earlier. Took the car out and braked. This then came through!

Noticed roof rust on inspection. Could this be the cause?

Yes mate at the seal.

Fed up with this car. 3rd gear going, grinding at the rear drivers side which you can feel the heat standing next to the wheel and now this.

There used to be an advisory on the top windscreen seals, not sure what the status of that is. Guess it depends on the age of the car?

Honda are still fixing it as a warranty claim as far as I am aware. Some dealers aren't wise to it, but as long as your dealer is willing to put a claim in they were getting authorised.

Rear drivers side sounds like a binding caliper, quite common and easy fix.

Third gear crunch and popping out of gear was a warranty fix but only in the warranty period. Third and fourth gear sychros were replaced. You could try changing the gearbox oil (genuine Honda MTF-3 only) and seeing if it improves.

Cheers loxy. I dont think it is a binding caliper as the noise disappears when I turn left but gets worse if i turn right. Its also very hard on the suspension in that corner, just bottoms out. I reckon Shock absorbers the issue.

Im waiting on the gearbox being sorted then im thinking Yellowspeed coilovers

Genuine question, what is making you think that a worn shock would cause heat?

I dont think it would cause the heat, I do think that the rear right being as hard as a slab compared to the left could be the shocker.

In all honesty I havent got the foggiest idea. Its the grinding noise on wheel rotation. It could be the wheel bearing. It could be anything at this stage.

Back