• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Ash_EP3

1. Ash_EP3

FK2 Thinking about selling up

Hi guys, Thanks for the replies. With the minimal interest I've had so far in the fk2... the parts are being stripped soon and are for sale: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?103290-FK2-parts-for-sale&p=1369740#post1369740 Go on, treat yourselves ;)
  2. Ash_EP3

I've seen her as well mate, has MEL at the end of her numberplate...? Yea it's a sad time dude, I'm gonna look at getting a diesel I think, I need to start saving some pennies! Given the amount of interest I've had with the Carbon interior, Eventuri, Remus responder, etc I'm gonna start...
  3. Ash_EP3

Thanks for the replies guys... https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/civic-type-r/honda-civic-mk9-i-vtec-type-r-gt-------------2016/8405952 Let's see what happens
  4. Ash_EP3

Hi all, Well I've only owned the FK2 just over 19 months and I'm thinking about selling up - drove a couple of M140i's recently and as a daily car they are deffo a step up compared to the FK2 (and maybe even the FK8 ). Do I try and sell the car with mods on or strip and sell? I've got the...
  5. Ash_EP3

Ash's Polished Metal FK2 (5th Honda, 4th Type R)

Just edited the post as I forgot to say I'd purchased one! Eventuri is all good, makes a deep bellow low down and sounds nuts when you lift off :) I also noticed it feels quicker, my boost gauge goes up to 1.5/1.6 sometimes now :O #eventuriwhore :lol:
  6. Ash_EP3

Small update from me, all my parts have arrived now and I purchased some other bits, including some stuff from Dotty too :) : Eventuri & Eventuri Covers: No problems with the Eventuri intake at all! Need to give the engine cover a polish/clean Number plates: Not yet fitted Sound tester...
  7. Ash_EP3

Ohhh - do tell :) There's no question it's the best to have, I still can't get my head around the price though! I was thinking the heat soak explains the boggyness low down, but it sounded like it was misfiring at high RPM and was popping/banging from the front of the car, rather than out...
  8. Ash_EP3

I've got intercooler/decat fitting in Aug and remap on the 1st of Sept - oh and the missus's birthday end of Aug... so I can't afford one just yet lol. Not that I'm aware of dude, the intake really has played tricks on my car though - engine management lights, oil temp mostly not working...
  9. Ash_EP3

I don't have £960 spare mate lol
  10. Ash_EP3

Just a little update on the fk2 following the issues since fitting the Injen intake... I have since removed the intake and put the standard one back on.. Car drives much better, nice and smooth but doesn't sound anywhere near as good! A friend of mine wanted to have a look and I suggested...
  11. Ash_EP3

Well the following day on the way into work my engine management light came on... Car feels really hesitant low down, I went to my mates garage who plugged in his code checker and said that it was complaining about the primary o2 sensor, reading was low. He unplugged it and cleared the error...
  12. Ash_EP3

FK2 Goodies for the FK2

Hi all, Injen intake, ferodo ds2500s and RBF600 brake fluid arrived today... Thought it would be a good idea to fit the intake (just wanted to hear the noise) and shortly after my oil temp gauge stops working (it was working after I initially had it fitted and was driving around). The oil...
  13. Ash_EP3

Hi all, Injen intake, ferodo ds2500s and RBF600 brake fluid arrived today... Thought it would be a good idea to fit the intake (just wanted to hear the noise) and shortly after my oil temp gauge stops working (it was working after I initially had it fitted and was driving around)...
  14. Ash_EP3

Type R Rivals

Was chatting to a guy with a GTR at Japfest earlier this year, he said if they go wrong you've had it - not much change from 20k if you need a gearbox rebuild... but it's ok, it only costs him £200 a week in fuel driving to/from London :lol: :eek:
  15. Ash_EP3

Yup - sounds good buddy, could do next weekend? There's a bloke local to me who has a black FK2 with a custom exhaust, I will try to find him and ask if he's up for a meet as well... Perhaps we should post a thread up on the meet section? Cheers, Ash
Back