• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Thinking about selling up

Hi all,

Well I've only owned the FK2 just over 19 months and I'm thinking about selling up - drove a couple of M140i's recently and as a daily car they are deffo a step up compared to the FK2 (and maybe even the FK8 ).

Do I try and sell the car with mods on or strip and sell?

I've got the following:
- Eventuri Intake
- Eventuri engine cover
- Eibach springs
- Milltek catback (road+)
- Milltek downpipe
- Airtec intercooler with hard pipes
- Carbon interior covers (Glovebox strip, air vent surround and gearknob surround)
- Remus responder
- Red H badge
- Dream automotive gearknob
- Black civic petrol cap
- Wind deflectors

Freeing up some cash would certainly help when it comes to putting down deposit on new motor, but if it's easier just to leave them on the car I'd be happy to do that...

Does anyone know what sort of value my car would be worth?

65 plate
Polished Metal
GT
5 services completed (still 3 services remaining on service book)
Good condition, usual stone chips on the front end and will need rear tyres soon.
Oil/filter new rear pads done recently.

I was thinking 20k ish? maybe a bit more with mods on the car?

Thanks in advance.

Ash

I'd strip and sell, money wise they seem to be settling around the 23k mark, although a 2015 plate just popped up on eBay at 27k private sale R #007

I would put it up £22k with the Mods. if there is no interest in it after 2 months i would strip it and sell for £20k.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Strangely, i just sold my M140i for an FK2. :shock:

If you strip some mods we could do some swapsies, i've still got my carbon mirror covers, MPerformance black grills and all important MPerformance Alcantara and carbon key cover. :smt004

I won't have anyone to flash at on the way home then! Also, I've flashed twice at what I thought was you but it was a woman driving instead so either another one or you're letting the mrs drive?

I won't have anyone to flash at on the way home then! Also, I've flashed twice at what I thought was you but it was a woman driving instead so either another one or you're letting the mrs drive?

I've seen her as well mate, has MEL at the end of her numberplate...?

Yea it's a sad time dude, I'm gonna look at getting a diesel I think, I need to start saving some pennies!

Given the amount of interest I've had with the Carbon interior, Eventuri, Remus responder, etc I'm gonna start stripping it and selling up. Has anyone taken the interior Carbon bits off before? Guessing it's gonna be a bitch to do?

Do it whilst the car is warm - if the plastic is cold, it’s more likely to snap under pressure.

I think i read on facebook you may have a buyer for the carbon parts already but if falls through i would be interested in the vent surrounds.
Mike

I've seen her as well mate, has MEL at the end of her numberplate...?

Yea it's a sad time dude, I'm gonna look at getting a diesel I think, I need to start saving some pennies!

Given the amount of interest I've had with the Carbon interior, Eventuri, Remus responder, etc I'm gonna start stripping it and selling up. Has anyone taken the interior Carbon bits off before? Guessing it's gonna be a bitch to do?

Yeah that's the one, she never waved back so I felt extra stupid! Part of being a grownup is recognizing when you need to draw the line under things. I hope you enjoy your new car.

Back