• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by barlow

1. B

FK2 Oil still looking black after service..

E46... loved it but the maintenance was a joke.. :rolleyes: Was a beaut though
  2. B

I love Honda and really don't want to be forced down the boring S3 / Golf R route but I shouldn't be getting stressed out over a basic service My 1st one was a DC2 and since then I have alternated between BMW and Honda with the 330, Ep3 and my last car was an M3. The M3 put me off BMW for life...
  3. B

They had no explanation.. they just said that I should keep my eye on it. :smt102 On what I do not know.. oils clean now it's actually been done properly.. there's nothing to "keep an eye on" in my opinion. They didn't even apologise or offer anything to compensate me having to go all the way...
  4. B

Update.. went back today.. they changed the oil and filter with me spectating and as if by magic... golden oil!! :woot:
  5. B

Yeah i want to use Honda really to save any headaches if any problems occured. I have spoke to them this morning and to be fair they were very helpful and told me to bring it back and they will decide wether it needs draining again. The lady i spoke to said it could be faulty oil :picardfp...
  6. B

Funnily enough there is a Honda service centre in the town I live in but it is a Hyundai garage.. it used to be a Honda dealer but I was told by the dealer that I got it from that I should use them because the one in my town may not have technicians that are familiar with this car.. :p I also...
  7. B

I don't really think I can say buddy until I speak to them tomorrow. The only thing I can think of saying to them is to do another oil change with me watching and if it is still black then I'll pay again... but if it's golden then I want a refund. Seems fair to me ;)
  8. B

Yeah it's ticked on the sheet at the top of the report.. :( I didn't want this to be the case as I am not going to be able to trust them with it ever again. This is the 1st new car I have owned and always done all my own work on my cars.. the only job I have ever paid a company to do was the...
  9. B

Also i whipped the panel off underneath and ran my finger around the sump plug and there was a little bit on my glove which makes me think it could have had been done?
  10. B

It looks a bit of a mix with old and new.. but when i got it i swear i struggled to see the level on the dipstick for at least 6 months or so. Do i just argue it out as there isn't really any way i can prove it hasn't been changed is there?
  11. B

Took it in for it's 1st service at Honda this morning. They apparently did the oil and filter and a health check so when I got home I checked the oil level for peace of mind and noticed it still looks as dirty as it did yesterday.. I'm pretty sure that it was golden for the 1st few months...
  12. B

EP3 Changing the A/C pressure switch

Does anybody know if i need to get the a/c gas taken out before i take change the pressure switch? It hisses a little when i unscrew it but i don't know if it has a valve in. If i unscrew it a few turns and push it in it hisses louder which makes me wonder if theres a valve in :confused:
  13. B

EP3 Does anybody know where i can get the plug for air con pressure switch?

Hi all, I'm after the grey plug that plugs into the pressure switch.. The one i have has been wet and corroded. I have tried to get the pin terminals but no joy and have tried Honda for a new plug but they want me to replace the wiring loome :rolleyes:
  14. B

EP3 Testing air con pump through relay socket??

I hope so mate. Can't see there being much more to it. I'm a bit gutted I never noticed it years ago, had it gassed up and it never worked so left it. It's the missus' car so she was happy until she used my FK2 this week and said I had to sort it.. :rolleyes: Get it gassed up now and...
Back