• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by bigbob81

1. B

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

When I first started looking on this forum there was so much passion for all things honda, this forum is what led me to buy my ep3. Yes all cars have their faults I know but after reading countless posts about bad experiences with honda I'm wondering if the new type r will ever live up to the...
  2. B

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

Roles honda said the same thing to me, been trying to get a test drive for 2 months. Ended up getting the ep3 looking good again and addressing some issues. Still want a new one though but like loxy I just don't want to give honda my money.
  3. B

How to fool and reset airbag system.

Did my reset yesterday and until now all is good. Is resetting the srs system the same as taking it to a garage and having them do it, last time the garage cleared it it came back after about 4 days. It came up as passenger airbag fault on there reader.
  4. B

Srs light on again

Thanks again for the link stu, I got round to resetting it yesterday and it was easier than I thought it would be. And so far it's not come back on again.
  5. B

2 Faults That I Cant seem To Find The Answer To?? Help Please!!

Hello there, with regards to the knocking I would say it could be a number of things. When I first got my ep3 it was making all sorts of knocks and bangs from the front end, Honda replaced steering rack first and that made it a touch quieter, then I found play in the front struts and replaced...
  6. B

Srs light on again

Thanks for the link stu, legend. In step 10 of resetting the srs it states that the light will go out after a few seconds, will this be true for mine as it's constantly on. Thanks again.
  7. B

Srs light on again

Just wondering if anyone knows a decent code reader that can also clear codes, getting sick of paying the garage £30 each time. Also is there any common issues with the srs light coming on on an ep3, the garage said it came up with a passenger airbag fault, i have had a good wiggle on the...
  8. B

Srs light on again.

Hello, after some advice on my ep3, recently my srs light has come on again. I would like to find the fault and wipe the code. Is there an obd2 code reader that i can buy to do this. The garage charge me 30quid a time to do this and it takes them seconds. Is there any that you guys use that wont...
  9. B

Loxy's Type R #4

I have tried to get a test drive of the new type r at both my local honda dealerships and one guy keeps calling me back to tell me I cant test drive it until I have comitted to a sale. What a pratt, although im pretty sure I will fall in love with it who commits to a sale without test driving a...
  10. B

speaker upgrade.

Hello, i have updated my headunit to a decent one a few months ago, but the sound still aint great. Firstly i would like to know what i need adapter wise to fit new speakers And where can i buy them from. I would like a nice rich sound with a bit more volume as once your doing the speed limit...
  11. B

Odometer has leaked so cant see milage.

Thought that was the case, ill get some ordered. Bonus about milage can be matched, thought i was going to have start from 0 again. With all these little niggles im thinking of selling the thing. Its not had any major issues but lots of nìggles.
  12. B

SRS Light has just come on.

Cheers loxy. Ill get it down the garage again, Its home from home.
  13. B

Odometer has leaked so cant see milage.

Hello again, yet another niggle with my ep3. The ink in the milage display has recently leaked And now i can only see the last 3 digits on the display, is there a way of fixing this without losing the original milage. The car still only has less than 52k on it. Any help would be great. Thanks.
  14. B

SRS Light has just come on.

Hello there, today while driving home from work my srs light has just come on. Is there any reason for this. Also does it mean the airbags wont deploy if the worst happened. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  15. B

The Dreaded rattle/knocking

Gutted it was no help for you. Let me know how you get on with your fix. Cheers.
Back