• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Blackhawkgax

1. Blackhawkgax

My New Milano Red EP3

Hiya Josh, definitely looks better with the type R badge!, imo of course. Have replied to your post in the where in Essex bit. Welcome to the family, you won't regret, cheers.
  2. Blackhawkgax

Erratic Idle Idle Control Valve Cleaning.

Had lol!!!. Bad connector??, whereabouts was that then? Which loom or part of the loom was it. Just curious and being nosey, sorry. For future ref I guess. You should or may notice a bit if difference cleaning that valve, let us know. Good luck.
  3. Blackhawkgax

Pain bleeding brakes!!.

Hi. I have heard of and know about this. Not sure though if this may have been blown out of proportion a little though. Been doing a lot of research and a master technician for Honda in the states who I have been reading up on reckons that that is highly unlikely. He after many many years of...
  4. Blackhawkgax

Quiet ep3 exhausts

Spike, probably me taking it the wrong way!!, no worries at all. Tbh, don't know of many systems that would be any quieter than this one. It really is nice and quiet, despite the cannon style rear box, which btw I'm still not a great lover of. I do like the exhaust don't get me wrong, totally...
  5. Blackhawkgax

Pain bleeding brakes!!.

Cheers for the reply. Both front calipers overhauled. New pistons seals and dust cover boots. Yes new pads and discs are original genuine Honda, almost new. Have done plenty of brakes down the years, all makes all models, never had this much grief bleeding. It's not like I've drained/flushed...
  6. Blackhawkgax

Quiet ep3 exhausts

spike, don't really look at the HKS as aftermarket, as aftermark to me, sometimes says cheaper, inferior, maybe not so good parts. I say sometimes and maybe!. The HKS is of very good quality, in my opinion. The thing is and don't get me wrong, I'd love to drive around all the time with the bung...
  7. Blackhawkgax

Pain bleeding brakes!!.

Hi all. All I did was refurbed the front calipers. Clamped the brake hoses off just before the union/bolt that goes into calliper. Thought I'd not have to bleed much, but real pain in the ar** to get bled properly. I'm thinking this is a common ish problem on these. Have read a bit...
  8. Blackhawkgax

Quiet ep3 exhausts

Oh sorry, system comes with a bung. Obviously this is with the bung in, love it.
  9. Blackhawkgax

Quiet ep3 exhausts

Have a HKS catback, which I love and is great to live with, not too loud at all. Scorpion I had was louder. Hope this helps.
  10. Blackhawkgax

Erratic Idle Idle Control Valve Cleaning.

Hi all. After an ep3 rebuild and putting an engine in that turns out to be a brilliant engine but one that I know had been sitting around for a good couple of months. So on start up all good for a little bit, then when warmed up started to hunt idle wise pretty badly, say between 1K and 2.5K...
  11. Blackhawkgax

Front engine mount(lower) not top left or gearbox.

Have tried to look at some pics up close and seems this could be right, but just doesn't feel right to me. Don't want to waste money on a new mount if this is how it's supposed to be as they're quite expensive!. The bolt itself is 12mm wide and the sleeve roughly is about 16mm I would say. Any...
  12. Blackhawkgax

Front engine mount(lower) not top left or gearbox.

Just about to put engine mounts back on and reinstall engine after freshen up. My question is, the bolt that goes through the centre of the very front lower engine mount(middle) seems to fit very loosley. What I mean is the sleeve/hole appears to be too big for the bolt!. Is this normal, does...
  13. Blackhawkgax

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Had a little rethink, 300's about right on average would say. 400 like someone said before would be mega.
  14. Blackhawkgax

EP3 How Many EP3 Type R's

That's what I'd heard and worked out from it all. Had read somewhere, can't remember now, that there were around 36,000 ish produced Loxy??.
  15. Blackhawkgax

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Gotta agree, 300 to 350, maybe a bit more, driving kind of normal ish, mixed roads and speeds. Hope helps, sorry can't give better news. I'd say about 30 to the gallon, not really worked out spot on, cheers
Back