• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by bullys_special

1. B

Fitting a bride seat.

Hi all, just wondering what my options are for putting in a seat I’ve just acquired, it’s a bride Gias low max. I’ve seen rails on eBay but I’m not sure if they’re compatible with the ep3? Could the rails from my original seats be welded or modified to work with the bride seat?
  2. B

Back in an ep3 K24 Frank! I’m in love.

Yep that’s the one.
  3. B

As a very amateur curb side mechanic I was elated to say the least, I’d be surprised if this wasn’t the culprit as it ties up with everything that’s been happening. If not I’ll swallow my pride and admit though!
  4. B

Little update, I think I’ve found the gremlin. Tracing the plugs back to the one which plugs into my intake hose, before the map sensor I found that at the connector was a small piece of exposed cable I cut it and reattached it properly looks like it was touching the battery brace and causing...
  5. B

That makes perfect sense, I’m doing the inspection now, thoroughly appreciate everyone’s input in helping to resolve this issue.
  6. B

I could t agree more to be honest. you’re like that mate that says ‘you don’t need to jump into that river, just chill and finish your beer’ it is plenty fast enough as is and I want to keep it for a long time so I’m going to concentrate on making it reliable. I ran the kpro app whilst driving...
  7. B

Ok I’ll do that tomorrow, I meant to ask if anyone can give me advice on what the tuner said about the engine wanting to rev higher but being limited by the rods, he reckons the expensive bits done with the Brian crower stage 2 cams and that if I replaced the rods or even just the rod bolts I...
  8. B

Just back from another blast and it’s not missing a beat! Surely something to do with me unplugging the throttle body. I’m a big believer in if it ain’t broke logic but what do you folks suggest I do to stop it happening again? Replace the plugs? TPS? Both?
  9. B

I’m picking up an old one this evening. I’ve had a good half hour blast in it again there and it didnt hesitate once.
  10. B

This just makes no sense to me at all. As I said this morning it felt like it was in limp mode, complete cut at 2k. I unplugged the two plugs on my throttle body/TPS plugged em back in went for a drive and not one single hesitation? Wtf?
  11. B

Thanks for the advice and seems very possible. Not much point in taking it off till I have a new one I suppose? Where would I find a the more modern one? Looking at it I’m assuming the throttle body needs to come off to take the tps off? Also it looks like I have a plug that’s not connected to...
  12. B

Google says throttle position sensor.
  13. B

Excuse my ignorance but I’m not sure what that means. I’m assuming a TPS isn’t a tyre pressure sensor?
  14. B

Took it out his morning and it’s refusing to go over 2k. Thinking it’s activated limp mode or something. I wish I had a laptop!
  15. B

I was more than a bit annoyed to hear that, guy said it was knocking fairly badly too. He managed to iron it out but today it’s driving worse than ever wouldn’t go above 2k for a while then it would, but still jerking regularly. Has to have been eurospec who disabled the knock sensor. Once...
Back