Recent content by Carl Hammond

1. Carl Hammond

FK2 FK2 75k/6year service costs

Yeah poss mate, I’d call around and ask for sure as that’s a massive hike
  2. Carl Hammond

FK2 FK2 75k/6year service costs

Honda used to do a “ Honda Happiness “ set price thing, maybe the lower priced one is that as I’m sure that’s about the right figure from memory
  3. Carl Hammond

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Love that colour and the orange on the M4
  4. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 vs Cayman GTS on the ring

Exactly this, brands is my local (literally 20 mins away) and I’ve been driving the indi and gp tracks since 1998 and am the same), my fastest laps are in the cars I can afford to risk and as I have to drive them too and from I normally only push the car 70% for safety reasons to ensure I and it...
  5. Carl Hammond

Porsche driver could be new to the car also but he was pushing the FK pretty hard tbh and near it’s limit for sure Not sure it would have been close if the Porsche was in the rights hands however
  6. Carl Hammond

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Awesome, glad to hear it, are the service costs (if you’ve encountered any yet) as bad as they say?
  7. Carl Hammond

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

This is a stunning car, been looking at them myself but was a little put off by the servicing costs, how you finding it as a car to live with and is it a daily?
  8. Carl Hammond

Apart from his driving etiquette (at the start for sure), its not a race event or day so it's no wonder people have so many accidents there nowadays from in the past with driving like that...
  9. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

I also had an HF, red, but the head gasket started to go so I converted it by fitting a grale 8v engine, have to say that car was amazingly fun I spent circa loads building that car also as I had it fully stripped and restored and everything replaced, 16v bonnet and spoiler, custom made wheels...
  10. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

I got lucky but had BarryWaterhouse at evo engineering build me a race engine for it as I turned it into a hill climb race car. Never had any oil leaks but the best fail I ever had was the passenger door randomly opening (as the latch failed) mid corner lol. My mate caught it but had to tie it...
  11. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Id be very surprised if the new car is 40k+ as other considerations have to be made by Honda for cars costing 40k and upwards due to the new tax rules which would impact their sales. Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000 You have to pay an extra £335 a year if you have a car or...
  12. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Thanks for the confirmation, I find it hard to ever say a car is great, but I have to have one to find out. and as you say one thing that appeals is the boot space and internal space also for passengers as this would be my daily. I think it could be a better car with a few extras (e.g better...
  13. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Shows you know nothing, it’s my line of work and I see the impacts of such things so get your facts inline before making accusations maybe
  14. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

I feel for them as when the finance deals over they are at a loss as the value of the car won’t be anywhere near where it was, so yeah I will feel for them as that sort of situ can cause hardship to people
  15. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Yeah, as they have been for sale for months and not moved so to date the evidence shows 100% people are not paying it. I am in the market for two or three cars at present and have the cash waiting for all of them but I wouldn’t ever part with 35+k for an FK8 ever, the market has far far better...